Atletico Madrid president Cerezo: Suarez and Simeone will stay

Forum 2 years ago

Atletico Madrid president Cerezo: Suarez and Simeone will stay

Atletico Madrid president Enrique Cerezo says Luis Suarez and Diego Simeone will stay after being confirmed champions.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/fa05d51312aa7d318e5c7bf1fec00bfb.jpg

Atletico secured the LaLiga Santander title after coming back to beat Real Valladolid 2-1 and Cerezo expressed his joy about the outcome.

"Luis Suarez is magnificent, wonderful, an excellent person," Cerezo told Movistar.

"He has shown it on the pitch and after the game with those tears and that emotion that he has shown for all Spaniards and the world.

"He is a great player, a great person and a magnificent goalscorer. If you ask me about his renewal, I tell you that [his contract is] renewed and it only depends on him if he wants to continue or not, and I think he will have no doubts."

Cerezo went on to make clear that Diego Simeone will stay at Atletico Madrid only in the event he is willing to do so.

"He will do what he wants to do," added Cerezo.

"If he wants to continue he will continue, but I think he is determined to continue."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 5 days ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola
Forum | 1 week ago

Champions League: Man City vs Real Madrid at Etihad a final – Guardiola

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu
Forum | 1 week ago

Publish Loan Agreements By Obasanjo, Yar’Adua, Jonathan And Buhari - Serap Tells President Tinubu

Forum | 1 week ago