Napoli ultras release statement in support of coach Gattuso

Forum 2 years ago

Napoli ultras release statement in support of coach Gattuso

Napoli's ultras have released a statement in support of coach Rino Gattuso.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e24e5ddcf61b72e662ed0b169f317110.jpg

Gattuso is expected to leave the club after Sunday's finale against Hellas Verona.

But Napoli's supporters' group said in a statement: “We have finally reached the end of a season that will be remembered as the only one without the most important component: the fans.

“That all means we cannot feel that this campaign is fully ours. Nonetheless, the components and values of those who represent our jersey on and off the field remain and this is why we honour coach Gattuso.

“More than for Champions League qualification (which is now the minimum target), we honour him for having been able to transmit a sense of belonging to the squad, the most valuable principle for us fans!

“However, we have nothing but the deepest contempt for the club directors, the fickle media and that part of the city that was trying to force the coach out, ignoring he was going through a terrible personal and professional run of events, including a serious family loss, a medical condition that affected his eyesight and a squad that was almost completely out of action.

“Finally, we applaud the squad, that had the maturity to stick with the right side of this argument!"

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment
Forum | 1 day ago

Sweet Tooth Season 3 Teaser Trailer Sets Release Date for Final Installment

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers
Forum | 1 day ago

Ex-Reps Member, Nwuke Reveals Why Fubara Is Gaining Support In Rivers

I Am: Celine Dion Documentary Sets Prime Video Release Date
Forum | 2 days ago

I Am: Celine Dion Documentary Sets Prime Video Release Date