Messi released from final Barcelona game; contract still undecided

Forum 2 years ago

Messi released from final Barcelona game; contract still undecided

Lionel Messi has been released from Barcelona's last game of the season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/17e02a6f28de265eb3e5ac6fa61e9781.jpeg

Barca coach Ronald Koeman gave the Argentine permission to start his holidays early, and he has been left out of the squad for Saturday's game against Eibar.

Messi has played a lot this season, and this rest will allow him to have a few days to recharge before the Copa America - played in Argentina - kicks off in June.

But Messi might well have played his last game for the club. He has set off before the season has ended with his future still to be decided. His father and agent has maintained that informal chats have been held with Joan Laporta, but that nothing formal nor official is on the table.

Koeman himself has made the captain's importance clear in no uncertain terms, and Laporta has been desperate for him to stay - particularly with their efforts to sign Neymar and Erling Haaland being either impossible or highly unlikely now. Sergio Aguero will be brought in, and he is a good friend of Messi's.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: I’m sure – Thomas Tuchel predicts team to play final in Wembley
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: I’m sure – Thomas Tuchel predicts team to play final in Wembley

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes Final Trailer Teases Major Monkey Deaths
Forum | 1 day ago

Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes Final Trailer Teases Major Monkey Deaths

X-Men ’97 Final Trailer Drops Ahead of Season 1 Finale
Forum | 2 days ago

X-Men ’97 Final Trailer Drops Ahead of Season 1 Finale

Yellowstone Star Teases ‘Best Series Finale in History’ Ahead of Final Season’s Return
Forum | 2 days ago

Yellowstone Star Teases ‘Best Series Finale in History’ Ahead of Final Season’s Return