Man Utd boss Solskjaer 'in touch' with unsettled Juventus striker Ronaldo

Forum 2 years ago

Man Utd boss Solskjaer 'in touch' with unsettled Juventus striker Ronaldo

Manchester United boss Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is in contact with unsettled Juventus striker Cristiano Ronaldo.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/bd3b594d15a10c13923b6155fa538dfa.jpeg

The Athletic reports Ronaldo, 36, is set to consider his options after Sunday's Serie A final day, following a desperately disappointing season for the Old Lady.

Juve currently sit fifth in the table, trailing the Champions League places by a point.

But even if Andrea Pirlo's side do clinch a top four berth, Ronaldo may opt to leave a year before his contract expires.

Man United chiefs are 'monitoring' their former No7's situation with increasing interest.

Solskjaer, 48, remains 'in touch' with Ronaldo, and even asked him for a character reference before signing Bruno Fernandes in January 2020.

CR7's wages would exceed those of current £375,000-a-week top earner David de Gea at Old Trafford.

But United could expect a reduced transfer fee, given Ronaldo's age and the fact that his contract only has one year remaining.

They find his huge commercial pull attractive, as well as the 'relatively short-term' nature of any contract he'd be likely to sign.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: I want to win – Bruno Fernandes speaks on leaving Man Utd

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him
Forum | 1 day ago

EPL: Rashford refuses Man Utd’s attempts to sell him

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford
Forum | 1 day ago

Uzoho relishes superb display against Man United at Old Trafford

UCL: What happened at Man Utd – Ferdinand questions Sancho after outstanding display against PSG
Forum | 1 day ago

UCL: What happened at Man Utd – Ferdinand questions Sancho after outstanding display against PSG