Career & Net Worth Of Dave Calhoun

Forum 2 years ago

Career & Net Worth Of Dave Calhoun

David L. Calhoun is an American businessman, and president and CEO of The Boeing Company since January 2020. He was previously Boeing's chairman.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3ba3807352533deed9df367d52c5d1cb.jpeg

Early Life

Calhoun was born on April 18, 1957 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. He grew up in Allentown, Pennsylvania, where he graduated from Parkland High School in 1975. In high school, Calhoun was one of three captains of the varsity basketball team and he played golf In 1979, he graduated from Virginia Tech with a degree in accounting.

Career

After Calhoun graduated from college, he gained employment at General Electric (GE). He decided to work for GE at that time, due to its close proximity to where he lived in Lehigh Valley.

He worked at GE for 26 years, overseeing transportation, aircraft engines, reinsurance, lighting and other GE units, before ultimately being appointed as vice chairman of the company and a member of GE’s Board of Directors in 2005.

Calhoun left GE to join privately held global information services firm VNU as CEO in 2006. Under his leadership the company rebranded itself as Nielsen Holdings, returned to the public markets in 2011, and was added to the S&P 500 Index in 2013.

In 2014, Calhoun became executive chairman of Nielsen and also joined The Blackstone Group as a senior managing director and head of portfolio operations and a member of Blackstone’s management committee. Blackstone had been one of six private equity firms that backed Nielsen’s transformation. During his career, Calhoun was on the board of directors of Caterpillar, Gates Corporation, and Medtronic.

Boeing Career

Since 2009, Calhoun has served as a director at Boeing, and was named lead independent director in 2018. In October 2019, he was named chairman of Boeing in the wake of the Boeing 737 MAX groundings, and on December 23, 2019, he stepped down as chairman in preparation for becoming Boeing’s CEO and president, effective January 13, 2020.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/001ab36fc39f6eb7ec110778f3b9763b.jpeg

Net Worth

Dave Calhoun net worth is estimated at $ 30 million. In 2020, Calhoun earned $21.1 million in compensation. Calhoun owns over 5,000 units of Boeing Co stock worth over $4,499,450 and over the last 12 years he sold BA stock worth over $20,667,800.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Officers Arrested With Illicit Drugs Worth ₦20 Million
Forum | 12 hours ago

Police Officers Arrested With Illicit Drugs Worth ₦20 Million

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi
Forum | 4 days ago

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 5 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

Netflix to Stop Reporting Subscriber Numbers in 2025
Forum | 1 week ago

Netflix to Stop Reporting Subscriber Numbers in 2025