Shina Peller reacts as Customs officers allegedly open fire killing 4 on Sallah day in his constituency

Forum 2 years ago

Shina Peller reacts as Customs officers allegedly open fire killing 4 on Sallah day in his constituency

Shina Peller, the House of Representatives member representing Iseyin federal constituency, has reacted after 5 indigenes were reportedly killed by stray bullets when Customs officers allegedly opened fire on Sallah day.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/1a335171c865c238998ef8cd40b96922.jpg

The indigenes of Iseyin in Oke Ogun area of Oyo State were celebrating the end of Ramadan on Thursday, May 13, when the sad incident occurred.

A source told Vanguard that the victims were hit by bullets when men of the Nigeria Customs Service allegedly exchanged gunfire with some men believed to be smugglers.

The Customs men were said to be pursuing a Sport Utility Vehicle conveying bags of rice through the borders into the town. The eyewitness claims the Customs men started shooting indiscriminately.

Unfortunately, innocent revelers, who were out celebrating the Eid-il-Fitri, were hit and this led to a protest.

Reacting, Shina Peller wrote on Instagram:

I condemn in totality the purpoted killings of civilians by men of the Nigeria Customs Service in Iseyin yesterday.

According to the information made available to me, the victims, who were allegedly rice smugglers, were shot dead around Oja Oba area in Iseyin.

Whether the victims were actually smugglers or not, shooting sporadically in a public area where many innocent civilians were gathered to observe Eid-al Fitri celebration remains condemnable and should be treated as such by all.

While the Police has commenced an investigationI on the matter to unravel what really transpired, I urge my people to remain calm and peaceful.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d5f875116762e46ef21efced384b38f1.jpg

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd
Forum | 2 hours ago

EPL: It’s unacceptable – Ten Hag reacts to Man Utd’s 4-2 win over Sheffield Utd

Davido Reacts After Producer Accused Him of Not Paying Him Royalties
Forum | 23 hours ago

Davido Reacts After Producer Accused Him of Not Paying Him Royalties

Lady Slammed for Calling Out Uber Driver For Allegedly Hypnotizing Her
Forum | 1 day ago

Lady Slammed for Calling Out Uber Driver For Allegedly Hypnotizing Her