Carragher & Neville name their Teams of the Season with several glaring omissions

Forum 2 years ago

Carragher & Neville name their Teams of the Season with several glaring omissions

Jamie Carragher and Gary Neville selected their best XIs for the ongoing Premier League season on this week’s Monday Night Football.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5edc2883bc579f13720fb5d231bae10c.jpg

The duo have compiled similar-looking teams, but a few key names are missing from both sides.

Carra’s XI, as revealed on Twitter: Martinez, Dias, Stones, Coufal, Shaw, Kante, Fernandes, De Bruyne, Son, Foden, Kane.

Neville’s XI, as revealed by Sky Sports: Mendy, Dias, Maguire, Walker, Shaw, Gundogan, Fernandes, De Bruyne, Rashford, Foden, Kane.

Any Liverpool fans reading will surely be questioning how Mohamed Salah has been left out of both teams, despite scoring 20 goals this season from the wing (just one less than Kane), while Manchester City supporters will no doubt be confused why Golden Glove shoe-in Ederson hasn’t been picked by either Carra or Neville, despite keeping 18 clean sheets.

Aston Villa fans will probably be having similar thoughts about Jack Grealish, while Chelsea supporters will be wondering what more Foden has done in the Premier League this season than Mason Mount.

That being said, it’s hard to argue with the inclusions of Dias, Shaw, Fernandes, De Bruyne and Kane who all absolutely deserve the plaudits.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series
Forum | 2 hours ago

The Witcher Season 5 to End Hit Netflix Series

My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats
Forum | 2 hours ago

My Adventures with Superman Season 2 First Look Teases New Threats

For All Mankind Season 5 Renewal, Russia Spin-off Ordered at Apple TV+
Forum | 12 hours ago

For All Mankind Season 5 Renewal, Russia Spin-off Ordered at Apple TV+