More headaches for Barcelona as major star doesn’t want to stay at the club

Forum 3 years ago

More headaches for Barcelona as major star doesn’t want to stay at the club

What a tumultuous 18 months it’s been for Barcelona, and the headlines just keep coming for the Catalan club.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ba418719c24844b17d8d675b9739c480.jpg

On the pitch, things went from bad to worse, then much better and now, at the business end, Ronald Koeman just can’t seem to get his side over the line in the big games.

Though a league title still isn’t impossible, it’s unlikely given that it would require Real Madrid to draw one of their remaining three games, Atletico Madrid to lose at least one, and Barca to win all three of theirs.

Off the pitch, there’s barely been a dull moment either, with the latest news that Ousmane Dembele intends to leave the club on a free transfer coming at the worst possible time.The Frenchman has been an injury-prone liability for much of his time at the club, and has only really shown flashes of his brilliance, particularly this season.

Given the outlay made by the club in the first instance, however, the news from Deportes Cuatro cited by Football Espana is hardly likely to endear him to Joan Laporta and his paymasters.

The outlet notes that Dembele won’t renew his contract this summer, nor will he accept being sold by the club, preferring to leave for nothing in a year’s time.

That’s thanks for you!

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Mandalorian & Grogu Cast: Sigourney Weaver in Talks for Star Wars Movie
Forum | 16 hours ago

The Mandalorian & Grogu Cast: Sigourney Weaver in Talks for Star Wars Movie

Jason Statham to Star in Plane Director’s New Action Movie Mutiny
Forum | 1 day ago

Jason Statham to Star in Plane Director’s New Action Movie Mutiny

Peter Stormare to Star in Pinocchio Carved From Darkness Horror Movie
Forum | 2 days ago