Gunmen attack Anambra vigilante office and police station

Forum 2 years ago

Gunmen attack Anambra vigilante office and police station

Anambra State Vigilante office at Ozubulu in Ekwusigo Local Government Area and a police station in the community were on Sunday May 9, attacked by unknown gunmen. 

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/907c702401d1ae9f8c61b0fe13f8e590.jpeg

Police spokesperson in the state, Ikenga Tochukwu said the attack on the vigilante office was carried out around 7pm. 

Tochukwu said; 

“The hoodlums who came with a Toyota Sienna vehicle and motorcycles started shooting sporadically.

“Unfortunately two yet unidentified persons sustained gunshot injury."

The attack at Ozubulu police station was repelled by the officers and it was learnt that no police officer sustained an injury during the attack. The police station and the police building is secure and safe.

The hoodlums in a bid to escape, set ablaze a Toyota Corolla parked not very far from the station. 

Tochukwu added; 

“Meanwhile the hoodlums in a bid to escape set ablaze a Toyota Corolla parked not very far from the station. An investigation is ongoing and efforts are in top gear to arrest the perpetrators of the ugly act. However, normalcy has been restored in the area."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Imo Police Arrest Kidnap Kingpin, Recover Stolen Vehicle
Forum | 3 days ago

Imo Police Arrest Kidnap Kingpin, Recover Stolen Vehicle

Police Parade Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators In Oyo
Forum | 3 days ago

Police Parade Arrested Yoruba Nation Agitators In Oyo

How A One-Year-Old Baby Was Burnt In Lagos Community Attack – Police
Forum | 3 days ago

How A One-Year-Old Baby Was Burnt In Lagos Community Attack – Police