ALBUM REVIEW: Blaqbonez- "Sex Over Love"

Forum 2 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Blaqbonez- "Sex Over Love"

Nigerian rapper and performing artist, Emeka Akumefule, who is mostly known as Blaqbonez presents his new project tagged 'Sex Over Love'.

Blaqbonez who is signed to 100 Crowns which is an imprint of Nigeria's hip-hop label, Chocolate City comes through with a solid 14-tracks album that basically prefers sex to love.

The Nigerian hip-hop star, Blaqbonez features Buju, Amaarae, Nasty C, Joeboy, Tiwa Savage, 1da Banton, Bad Boy Timz, Laycon, A-Q, and Cheque.

The album features three previously released singles and 11 new songs.

Here is a one-time listen review of the album.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f4c17ca66278a022d106979a0e17956e.png

• The first track Novacane is a loud hip-hop tune. It's a track instrumental with a lovely melody and seasonal switch inflows from the talented rapper.

• The next tune Heartbreaker is a sexual melody by the Nigerian rapper featuring South African finest, Nasty C.

• In Bling, the Chocolate city rapper shares a slow-paced sensual melody featuring Amaarae and Buju.

• Never Been in Love is an adult jam. Blaqbonez went hard on this one with a whole lot of emotions to let out. He talks about infidelity and sex in the Blaise Beatz produced jam.

• To me, this next one is one of the best jam on this album. Blaqbonez blew my mind on Don't Touch.

• TGF Pussy is a funny, groovy, and mad jam. Blaqbonez talks about the importance of showing gratitude for pussy.

• Blaqbonez is surely one of the versatile rappers in the country. The young Chocolate city act sings and raps once more in Okwaraji.

• A Blaqbonez and Joeboy collaboration is all we asked for but seems like this new collaboration by these two is something better. The energy, melody, and groove are top-notch in Fendi.

• Blaqbonez includes his BBC remix featuring African talented singer, Tiwa Savage in a lovely tune produced by Spaxx.

• This is another classic jam on this project. At this moment, I'm beginning to think when Blaqbone said he wants to create something similar to Wizkid's classic Made in Lagos album, he meant it. This jam is fire, trust me. Faaji features 1da Banton and Bad Boy Timz.

• In Zombie, Blaqbonez slightly samples Childish Gambino's 'This is America' is this hard tune featuring Laycon and his record label boss, A-Q.

• Penthauze rapper, Cheque joins Blaqbonez in this new trap tune tagged Bestfriend.

• Cynic Route is another adult jam. Like expected, Blaqbonez goes straight to the point to tell his mysterious girl that he 'just wanna fuck her'.

• The last jam is Blaqbonez's previously released song Haba.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 5/5

Performance - 4/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4.5/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Challengers Final Trailer Shows Zendaya’s Love Triangle in Romantic Sports Movie

Why I Wish I Had Found Love Before Stardom – Singer, Spyro Opens Up
Forum | 1 day ago

Why I Wish I Had Found Love Before Stardom – Singer, Spyro Opens Up

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker
Forum | 1 week ago

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker

Sex Lives of College Girls Season 3 Adds New Series Regular to Cast
Forum | 1 week ago

Sex Lives of College Girls Season 3 Adds New Series Regular to Cast