ALBUM REVIEW: King Perryy - "Citizen Of The World"

Forum 2 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: King Perryy - "Citizen Of The World"

Nigerian songwriter, singer, and musical performer, Anthony Offiah who is popularly known asKing Perryy presents his new project tagged 'Citizen Of The World'.

The DM records recording artist, King Perryy features Timaya, Kizz Daniel, Phyno, PyschoYP, Oxlade, and Mayorkun in his new project. The 17-tracks body of work is a dancehall pack with a few other genres like reggae, afro-fusion, and popular music.

King Perry includes a few of his previously released singles in this LP album.

Here is a one-time listen review of the album.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6d17940e545d9013bea0132b298b0caa.jpg

• The Intro is a motivational voice over

• The second track African Boy is a melodic reggae tune. King Perry about his sound and his vibe.

• Citizen of the world is a mid-tempo powerful tune. King Perryy motivates fans to 'do it if they can'. He talks about his dream to win a grammy.

• To me, this is one of the hottest jams on this project. King Perryy gave us something groovy in this amazing tune tagged Yawa.

• Talented music producer, Krizbeatz teams up with King Perry in this dancehall tune titled The Funicator.

• The next track is one of the singles on this project. King Perryy in My Darlina is the fire. The singer brought all the melody there is in the groovy tune produced by Blaise beatz.

• Here a beautiful dancehall melody Waist produced by DJ Coublon and performed by Kizz Daniel and King Perryy.

• Work N Grind is another single on this project. It is a slow-paced jam that got King Perryy highlighting the advantage of working hard.

• Finally, there is a King Perryy and Timaya collaboration on this body of work just like we expected. The DM records singers came through with a dancehall jam performed on a funky instrumental tagged Get The Money.

• YKTFV is surely one of my favorites songs on this project. It is equally one of the singles on the 'Citizen Of The World' album by King Perryy. The song is a powerful and groovy trap melody.

• The next track is a beautiful break-up voice-over tagged Beep Beep.

• Let Me Love You is a melodic tune by King Perryy and Oxlade. You'll surely enjoy listening to this one.

• Mayorkun joins King Perryy to catch a cruise in this melodic dancehall party jam-tagged Big Man Cruise.

• Creme De La Creme is a french word that translates to 'the best person or thing of a particular kind.' In this song, King Perryy shares a never-heard melody in this beautiful instrumental.

• The next track is a solo-performed high-tempo party jam titled Jati Jati performed with some conscious lyrics.

• Paulina is one of my favourites as well. The groovy tune features south-eastern rapper, Phyno.

• The last track Prayer is the best outro you will see in an album like this. It's a hard instrumental with calm vocals and relatable lyrics.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 4/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The World Is Deeper Than Our Mortal Eyes Can See - BBNaija’s Ka3na Shares Video Of Her Participating In A Ritual For Blessings From ‘Water Goddess’
Forum | 3 days ago

The World Is Deeper Than Our Mortal Eyes Can See - BBNaija’s Ka3na Shares Video Of Her Participating In A Ritual For Blessings From ‘Water Goddess’

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers
Forum | 5 days ago

Omeruo urges NFF to appoint new coach for Super Eagles before World Cup qualifiers

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie
Forum | 6 days ago

Captain America: Brave New World Photos Preview Anthony Mackie, Harrison Ford in Marvel Movie

The Running Man: Edgar Wright Directing Stephen King Adaptation Starring Glen Powell
Forum | 1 week ago

The Running Man: Edgar Wright Directing Stephen King Adaptation Starring Glen Powell