Anthony Mackie Says His Captain America Figure Looks More Like Jamie Foxx

Forum 2 years ago

Anthony Mackie Says His Captain America Figure Looks More Like Jamie Foxx

Anthony Mackie says his Captain America action figure from The Falcon and the Winter Soldier looks more like Jamie Foxx. https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/922245482e94544e86d4e9119c4c9490.jpgEver since Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) passed the iconic Captain America shield onto Sam Wilson (Mackie) two years ago at the end of Avengers: Endgame, fans expected him to eventually assume the mantle. When Disney+'s Falcon and the Winter Soldier was announced, it was expected this would happen at some point during the show's run.

Sam’s path to becoming the next Captain America has been plagued with obstacles, such as a new Captain America in John Walker (Wyatt Russell), Karli Morgenthau's (Erin Kellyman) Flag-Smashers, along with Bucky introducing Sam to Isaiah Bradley, complicating matters even further. After much consideration by Sam, the sixth and final episode of Falcon and the Winter Soldier saw him suit up as Captain America. Following the culmination of the Disney+ show, it was announced that Captain America 4 is being developed with Mackie likely to star since it is being written by Falcon and The Winter Soldier showrunner, Malcolm Spellman and writer, Dalan Musson.

Appearing on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, Mackie joked that his Captain America figure looks more like Jamie Foxx. Mackie began his appearance with a reference to Eddie Murphy’s Gumby character on SNL, “I’m Captain America, dammit!,” and went on to say that it is “humbling and exciting” to be Captain America. Later on in the interview, Colbert showed off a pre-released Sam Wilson-Captain America action figure, which prompted the reaction from Mackie, “From this distance, he looks more like Jamie Foxx than me,” which was met with laughs from Colbert and his crew. Mackie admitted this was his first time seeing the doll.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/dc105d16cd9bd1b9cd6d98dc28e6a2ae.jpg

Though Foxx has not yet officially appeared in the MCU, he is expected to reprise his role as Max Dillion/Electro from 2014's The Amazing Spider-Man 2 in the upcoming MCU film Spider-Man: No Way Home. Considering the interconnectivity of the MCU, Mackie and Foxx may actually appear in a Marvel film together later on down the line.

Falcon And The Winter Solider delved into what it means to a Black superhero in a nation that is not always accepting of that idea. Along with John Walker becoming US Agent by the end of the series, these ideas will likely be explored further in the recently announced Captain America movie. A second season of Falcon And The Winter Soldier also remains a possibility, especially after the show's final title card saw it change to Captain America and The Winter Soldier.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi
Forum | 13 hours ago

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music

Peter Obi Is Not Mixing Politics With Religion, Says Media Aide
Forum | 1 day ago

Peter Obi Is Not Mixing Politics With Religion, Says Media Aide

EFCC Didn’t Breach Kogi High Court Order By Seeking Arrest Of Ex-Governor Yahaya Bello, Says Falana
Forum | 2 days ago

EFCC Didn’t Breach Kogi High Court Order By Seeking Arrest Of Ex-Governor Yahaya Bello, Says Falana