"You Need More Energy To Break Nigeria Than Fix It" - Lai Mohammed

Forum 2 years ago

"You Need More Energy To Break Nigeria Than Fix It" - Lai Mohammed

Alhaji Lai Mohammed, the Minister of Information and Culture has reacted to those calling for the secession of the country on Monday, April 26 during an interview with Channels TV.
https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/19f3290ed8490ba18c75ca42094352fb.jpeg
Responding to a question on the calls for secession of the country, the Minister said;

“The agitation for political restructuring is okay. However, what is not okay is the call for secession or for separation.

We would need more energy to break Nigeria than to fix it. As a matter of fact, the strength of Nigeria is its diversity. So everybody agreed that secession is not an option.”

On the security challenges in the country, the Minister backed several calls for the creation of state police. He is of the opinion that the move would help tackle the security threats in several parts of the nation.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani
Forum | 3 hours ago

Most Hit Songs in Nigeria Are Not Good Music – Singer Ric Hassani

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music
Forum | 1 day ago

Nigerians Don’t Deserve Me – Rapper, Vic O Says As He Quits Music

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist
Forum | 2 days ago

Nigerian Govt Places Ex-Kogi Governor, Yahaya Bello on Watchlist

Nigerian Army Troops Foil Kidnap Attempt, Neutralize Notorious Terrorist In Taraba
Forum | 2 days ago

Nigerian Army Troops Foil Kidnap Attempt, Neutralize Notorious Terrorist In Taraba