Russell Crowe Confirms He’s Playing Zeus In Thor: Love & Thunder

Forum 2 years ago

Russell Crowe Confirms He’s Playing Zeus In Thor: Love & Thunder

Russell Crowe reveals he plays Zeus in Thor: Love and Thunder. https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/74475f399fac00238ce1b748ce0348f6.jpgMarvel Studios is currently filming the fourth installment of Chris Hemsworth's Thor franchise in Australia. The upcoming blockbuster directed by Taika Waititi features one of the Marvel Cinematic Universe's biggest casts for a standalone movie to date.

Familiar characters like Jane Foster (Natalie Portman), Valkyrie (Tessa Thompson), and the Guardians of the Galaxy will all appear, but the movie will also bring some new actors to the MCU. This includes Christian Bale as Gorr the God Butcher and Melissa McCarthy as fake Hela.

It was recently revealed that Crowe secretly joined the cast of Thor: Love and Thunder as well. His involvement became public after he was spotted with the cast and crew in Australia, but there were no photos of him on set. This left his role in the MCU a mystery that fans were eager to solve. Speculation ran wild about what characters from Marvel's vast comic history Crowe could play. The theories ranged from fake Thanos, a future version of Thor, and the voice of Beta Ray Bill. While it appeared Crowe's role would remain a secret until Thor: Love and Thunder's release in 2022, he has now confirmed his character's identity.

Crowe recently did an interview with the Australian radio station Joy 94.9, and the Twitter account @lovethundernews managed to capture a recording of the conversation. At some point during it, Crowe casually revealed that he plays Zeus in Thor: Love and Thunder. The actor said this is his last day of filming and "Zeus-ing it up" for the MCU production. This information is not confirmed by Marvel Studios but should be legitimate as long as Crowe is telling the truth.

It is frankly quite surprising that Crowe revealed he plays Zeus in Thor: Love and Thunder. At the time when his casting was revealed, reports said that it was a surprise role. Marvel Studios likely didn't plan on revealing his involvement at all, much less his role, prior to fans connecting the dots. It is possible Marvel gave him the go-ahead to reveal his role now that his appearance will not be a surprise. If that is not the case, then Crowe could be ignoring or forgetting about Marvel's usually strict contracts.

Zeus appearing in Thor: Love and Thunder could be a big deal and an excellent role for Crowe to play. The Greek god and ruler of the Olympians has connections to multiple Marvel characters and opens the door for more Greek gods to be introduced. The most notable of the bunch is arguably his son Hercules, a prominent hero in the comics with loads of potential in the MCU. Zeus and the Olympians are also connected to the Eternals, so Eternals could set up their existence in the universe before Thor: Love and Thunder.

It's also worth noting that the introduction of Zeus and possibly other gods comes in a movie where the villain's main goal is to kill gods. That's not to say that Gorr the God Butcher will kill Zeus in the movie, but perhaps a battle between them will take place. As long as Zeus survives Thor: Love and Thunder and this is Crowe's role, fans should see much more of him in future MCU projects.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

Frankenstein: Guillermo del Toro Confirms Respected Horror Actor Has ‘Pivotal Cameo’ in Movie

EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: I didn’t say that – Ten Hag on playing UCL after 2-2 draw with Bournemouth

Linda Hamilton Reflects on Terminator: Dark Fate: ‘I Can’t Say I Love the Film’
Forum | 6 days ago

Linda Hamilton Reflects on Terminator: Dark Fate: ‘I Can’t Say I Love the Film’

Challengers Video Highlights Zendaya’s Chaotic Game of Love & Tennis
Forum | 6 days ago

Challengers Video Highlights Zendaya’s Chaotic Game of Love & Tennis