Report: Lionel Messi will sign a 2-year contract extension with Barcelona

Forum 3 years ago

Report: Lionel Messi will sign a 2-year contract extension with Barcelona

After a zippy weekend that saw the European Super League being formed and then falling apart, football fans needed some quiet days. However, probably more important — and undoubtedly more exciting news — is on the table for Barcelona.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f0068c1d6d3114170cc2b80c17a9d525.jpg

According to the latest reports, Lionel Messi will renew his contract with the Catalan club for two more years, as per Christian Martin.

Ever since the ‘burofax fiasco’ in last year’s summer, there was a lot of uncertainty regarding the Argentine’s future. He also looked a bit off colors during the initial stages of the season. Messi himself admitted in an interview that the whole saga in the summer had a role to play in it. However, he also said that he has settled under the new manager.

The six-time Ballon D’or Winner has not looked back since then. He has been in scintillating form since the start of 2021. The latest victim of his greatness was Athletico Bilbao, as the Blaugrana captain played a massive role in conquering Barça’s 31st Copa Del Rey title. Moreover, he looks like a person in the right place, always elated and eager to give his all.

Reports from Cuatro suggest that he has been presented the initial draft of the contract too. The Barça forward welcomes the terms of the contract. He understands the fact that the club cannot grant him an astronomical contract he enjoyed before. However, the Joan Laporta board has different plans in mind.

They want Leo to hang up his boot at the Camp Nou and then stay with the club either as the club ambassador or by occupying an institutional position. The club is very clear that they want him to give a lifetime contract. The Argentine’s father and his agent, Jorge Messi, has already arrived in Barcelona but there have been no contacts yet.

Messi is very clear and aware that he will not be a stone in the shoe for the new board. Reportedly, he said, “Presi, I go, or I stay, I’ll make it easy for you,” to Laporta after lifting the Copa Del Rey trophy. Nothing has materialized as of yet, but both sides have good intentions, and, certainly, we will not witness a fiasco of the magnitude we saw last summer.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job
Forum | 47 mins ago

FG To Abuja-Lokoja-Benin Road Contractors: Sign Contract In Two Days Or Forfeit Job

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com
Forum | 2 hours ago

This Time Next Year Trailer Previews Sophie Cookson and Lucien Laviscount Rom-Com

NOUN notice on extension of courses and examination registration for 2024_1 semester
Forum | 1 day ago

NOUN notice on extension of courses and examination registration for 2024_1 semester

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka
Forum | 2 days ago

Transfer: Barcelona to move for Chukwuemeka