Ogun NYSC Camp Is ‘Like 5-Star Hotel’ – NYSC

Forum 3 years ago

Ogun NYSC Camp Is ‘Like 5-Star Hotel’ – NYSC

Chairman of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Governing Council, Ambassador Fatimah Abubakar, has described Ogun State Orientation Camp as, “a five star hotel”, due to the quality of facilities available at the camp.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ab7c125375c28bce28f5adc25ef867eb.jpg

Speaking when she led members of the Council on a courtesy call to the Governor, Dapo Abiodun, in his office at Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, Abubakar said her team has visited many orientation camps in the country, but none compared to the one built by Ogun State in Sagamu.

“Ogun State is the most friendly NYSC State in the country. I have gone to many orientation camps in this country, I must say that Ogun State has the best orientation Camp. In fact, Ogun State camp is like a five-star hotel. It’s the best”, she said.

While commending the state government for assisting in carrying out COVID-19 testing for all corps members in the state, Ambassador Abubakar, appreciated the State Governor for embarking on massive renovation of the State NYSC Camp, restoring allowance to the Corps members and electricity to the Scheme’s Secretariat.

She however, requested for the provision of an Ambulance, additional staff quarters and 100 hectares of farmland for the scheme initiative.

Responding, Governor Abiodun said that the creation of the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC), has helped in fostering and preserving the unity of the country.

Abiodun also noted that the scheme has succeeded in uniting the people through the exposure of youths to the diversity of the country.

“Ogun State hosts about 22,000 youths each year from different parts of the country. This scheme has helped a lot in promoting national unity and encouraging peaceful co-existence,” he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline
Forum | 1 day ago

Yellowjackets Star Teases Shauna’s Season 3 Storyline

LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere
Forum | 1 day ago

LaKeith Stanfield to Star in Video Game Adaptation El Paso, Elsewhere

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi
Forum | 2 days ago

I’m Not Fighting With My Successor Like Other Ex-Governors – Dave Umahi

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge