Arsenal Star Striker Aubameyang Leaves Twitter (See Why)

Forum 2 years ago

Arsenal Star Striker Aubameyang Leaves Twitter (See Why)

Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang has deactivated his Twitter account as the Super League project continues to generate reaction on social media.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/50e074b0f9d1d3486be5137097dc20e9.jpg

The 31-year-old has been out of action for the Gunners following a Malaria diagnosis while on international duty with Gabon.

While recovering from the illness, the news that grabbed headlines was the newly unveiled plans for a Super League in Europe – with Arsenal confirmed as one of the 12 founding members.

Irritated about how the condemned competition had taken over social media more than significant subjects like Covid-19, online abuse or racism, the 2015 African Player of the Year decided to deactivate his Twitter account.

“I ain’t missed you Twitter. So, we not allowed to talk about anything? Only football and Super League? No more talking about Covid?! Or online abuse or racism…nice. Even sick (without fone), I was feeling better than now with fone (sic) let me turn it off. See u,” his last tweet read.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City
Forum | 2 days ago

EPL Title: Arsene Wenger reveals one advantage Arsenal have over Man City

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding
Forum | 3 days ago

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding

Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller
Forum | 3 days ago

Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker
Forum | 3 days ago

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker