Neymar Dreamed Of Playing Against Messi – Laghrari Speaks Ahead Of Super League Introduction

Forum 2 years ago

Neymar Dreamed Of Playing Against Messi – Laghrari Speaks Ahead Of Super League Introduction

Super League general secretary Anas Laghrari has defended the competition by insisting that the best players in the world will have the chance to regularly play against each other.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/32925c14c350ad2aef67c5a9c6abccca.jpg

Plans for a new tournament to directly rival the Champions League were released over the past few days, with 12 of Europe’s biggest clubs included in the proposed breakaway.

And, following widespread condemnation, Laghrari has sought to explain the reasoning behind the Super League, insisting that they are creating a tournament that “makes people dream”.

“We want to create [a platform for] the best football. A competition that everyone wants to see, that makes people dream,” general secretary Laghrari told Le Parisien .

“The younger generations are less interested in football, they focus on playing on their console or whatever and only log in for the big games. But these big games rarely happen.

“There is also a frustration among players who want to play these big games against these great players. Neymar dreamed of playing against [Lionel] Messi.

“He was injured [in the 2020-21 Champions League round of 16] and maybe will not ever be able to play against Messi again.

“We are ready to sit around a table [with UEFA], we only ask for a dialogue. In case of disagreement? Everything could start in five months.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy
Forum | 1 day ago

The Coffee Table Digital Release Date Set for Super Dark Comedy

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise
Forum | 1 day ago

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise

Superman Cast: DCU Movie Finds Its Martha Kent
Forum | 1 day ago

Superman Cast: DCU Movie Finds Its Martha Kent