ALBUM REVIEW: Solidstar - "The Light"

Forum 3 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Solidstar - "The Light"

Nigerian songwriter, singer and musical performer, Joshua Iniyezo who is popularly known as Solidstar presents his fourth project tagged 'The Light'.

The Shaba Entertainment recording artist, Solidstar features only David Adeleke AKA Davido in his new project. The 13-tracks body of work is a dancehall pack with a few other genres like gospel, afro-fusion, and popular music.

Solidstar who has been away for a while gathers the courage to storm back with a solid body of work as he hopes to explore the digital space and tap into the growing audience.

Here is a one-time listen review of the album.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/8b57d0f9fd6657a88c56f7f1182f750c.jpg

• The first sound, Praise God got the songwriter laying emphasis as to why praising God is important. He also mentioned that he serves a very big God. It's a ghetto-gospel tune.

• Rejoice is groovy and top-notch. The instrumental is a typical Solidstar sound.

• The next track Mirror is my best track. It's slow, melodic, and spiritual. The lyrical power of this jam deserves an accolade.

• Solidstar adds a reggae-dancehall tune to spice up the album. Hold Me Well is a club banger.

• Pokripo is a street jam. The funky tune has relatable lyrics with street wordings and eccentric melody.

• The Shaba Entertainment singer, Solidstar gives us something loud in Diamond You.

• Abiala is that jam you are looking for. It's groovy, danceable yet moody. It'll surely find it's way to your chill mood playlists.

• Though melodic, Nwanyi Oma by Solidstar is mid. It's awesome material but just another Solidstar sound in my opinion.

• Solidstar's Success is a motivational song.

• Peace In The World is a powerful song from Solidstar. It tends to address the recent happenings in the world. It's a reggae-dancehall jam.

• The next song My Father's House by Solidtsar is another adorable tune on this LP album.

• Finally, there is a guest artist on this album. Davido joins Solidstar to perform Lockdown.

• The outro Umbrella is a groovy club banger.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 3/5

AVERAGE RATING - 3.5/5

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Mark Rylance, Damian Lewis Star in First Wolf Hall: The Mirror and the Light Images
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Mark Rylance, Damian Lewis Star in First Wolf Hall: The Mirror and the Light Images

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla
Forum | 3 weeks ago

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla

Solidstar Apologizes To Those He Offended During His Battles With Drug Addiction (Video)
Forum | 4 weeks ago

Solidstar Apologizes To Those He Offended During His Battles With Drug Addiction (Video)

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial
Forum | 4 weeks ago

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial