Career & Net Worth Of Damian Lewis

Forum 3 years ago

Career & Net Worth Of Damian Lewis

Damian Watcyn Lewis OBE is an English actor, presenter, and producer. He played U.S. Army Major Richard Winters in the HBO miniseries Band of Brothers, which earned him a Golden Globe nomination.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/5df307658f35bfa90126c78c033bac77.jpg

Early Life

Damian Lewis was born on February 11, 1971 in St. John's Wood, London, England, the eldest son of Charlotte Mary and John Watcyn Lewis, a City insurance broker with Lloyd's. Damian's grandparents on the paternal side were Welsh. Lewis went to several English boarding schools during his youth. As a child, he also made several visits to the U.S. to visit relatives during summer breaks from school. He became interested in acting at age 16 and was educated at the independent Ashdown House School in Forest Row, East Sussex, before going on to Eton College and graduating from the Guildhall School of Music and Drama in 1993.

Career

After graduating from drama school, Lewis worked as a stage actor for the Royal Shakespeare Company. He played Boeheim in Adrian Noble's production of Henrik Isben's "Little Eyolf," Posthumus in Shakespeare's "Cymbeline," and starred in another Isben play, "Pillars of the Community," at the National Theatre. During this time, he worked as a telemarketer selling car alarms to help pay bills.

His first TV appearance was as a student in an early episode of the English drama series "A Touch of Frost" in 1993. In 1997, Lewis played the part of Patrick Conner in "Robinson Crusoe." Next up, he appeared in Jonathan Kent's production of "Hamlet", where he played Laertes. The production was seen by Steven Spielberg who later cast Lewis as Richard Winters in "Band of Brothers," the first of many roles that required Lewis to have a believable American accent. In the 2000 series "Hearts and Bones," he was cast as the love interest of Dervla Kirwan. After that, he appeared in the ITV series "The Forsyte Saga," which gained him some attention and positive reviews.

Personal Life

Damian was married to actress Helen McCrory from 2007 until her death in 2021. They have two children together, Manon (b. 2006) and Gulliver, (b. 2007.) The family resides in a Victorian townhouse located in Tufnell Park, north London. They bought the house in 2007 from fellow British actor Hugh Laurie. Hugh learned of this fact when Damian called and said "I know this is weird, but I have just bought your house and I am sitting in your bedroom". He proceeded to ask Laurie whether or not he should accept the part on what became NBC's "Life".

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/372d5144727c56d6ccd688c4e66d771a.jpeg

Net Worth

Damian Lewis is an English actor and producer who has a net worth of $25 million. He is best known for starring on the Showtime series"Homeland" and "Billions". On "Homeland" he played Nicholas Brody, a role that earned him both an Emmy and Golden Globe Award for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series. He starred in 38 episodes of the show between 2011 and 2014. He began starring as Bobby Axelrod o

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge
Forum | 3 days ago

EPL: Brilliant signing – Redknapp backs Chelsea star to have good career at Stamford Bridge

Netflix to Stop Reporting Subscriber Numbers in 2025
Forum | 5 days ago

Netflix to Stop Reporting Subscriber Numbers in 2025

Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’
Forum | 6 days ago

Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’

Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne
Forum | 1 week ago

Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne