ALBUM REVIEW: Peruzzi - "Rum & Booigie"

Forum 3 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Peruzzi - "Rum & Booigie"

Nigerian singer and songwriter, Tobechukwu Victor Okoh who is popularly known as Peruzzi is finally here with his sophomore album tagged 'Rum & Boogie".

The former GoldenBoy Entertainment star, Peruzzi who recently joined Davido's DMW in 2017 presents a 20-tracks LP album featuring Don Jazzy, Tiwa Savage, Davido, Wande Coal, Phyno, and Patoranking.

In his chat with Apple Music, Peruzzi said. “The Rum part represents, or tells, all the love stories and the emotional stuff, the whole ups and downs of life, and all that shit. And then the Boogie part, we decided to make it the happy part—it has all the club songs, all the uptempo songs. It’s all the stuff people haven’t seen me do before—me trying new things.”

Below is an honest review of the songs on the 'Rum & Boogie' album by Peruzzi.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/93e0dc318be6a6c3859749145e011e28.png

• The first song Juwa (Bow) is a powerful tune with a blend of gospel and popular music.

• The next track, Telepot produced by Peruzzi is a slow-paced melodic love song. Peruzzi shows off his songwriting skills on this one with a whole lot of vibes.

• In See Love, Peruzzi gave us something groovy in a funky tune with his sexual vocals.

• Somebody Baby produced by Fresh VDM features his record label boss, Davido, and sounds more like his song with Xbusta tagged 'Somebody Baby'.

• Peruzzi blends trap and afrobeat once more in Murda. The former GoldenBoy Entertainment artist takes us on a weird ride with an uncommon yet appealing melody.

• Gunshot is another single on this project. The song released on February 7, 2020 was produced by Vstix.

• It took me a while to connect with this jam Girlie but when I did I realized it sounded like a 2Baba jam. It's relatable and groovy.

• In my judgment, this is the best jam God Forbid on this project. The melody, the instrumental, the lyrics, and the vocals are all on point. The hook 'dangerous, this love is serious' makes it even more beautiful.

• On the next one, Peruzzi links up with former Mavin Records queen, Tiwa Savage in a street and Lamba tune tagged Matrimony.

• Lagbaja is another single on this 20-tracks LP album from the DMW artist. The tune is a palm wine groove with repetitive drum kicks.

• Peruzzi talks about not liking trouble (Wahala) in a reggae-dancehall tune tagged Kalakuta produced by Show Beat.

• In Baddest Peruzzi links up with legendary music producer and performing artists, Don Jazzy and Penthasuze music boss, Phyno in another Show Beat produced track.

• Available by the DMW artist is a high-tempo dancehall tune with funky melodies featuring Wande Coal.

• I literally fell in love with this next track just by seeing the title. Peruzzi comes through with an afro house amapiano tune tagged Felling Good.

• I guess the A&R on this project just didn't want us to spend a minute without hearing the next amapiano track on this album. Change Your Style is an X-rated afro-house track as it talks about changing your style in bed.

• Peruzzi and Rexxie join heads to give us another amapiano-dancehall tune-tagged Call.

• Speroach, Patoranking, and Peruzzi come through with a reggae flavoured dancehall tune titled Baba God.

• Finally, a Peruzzi and Fireboy DML song is out. The two talented songwriters link up to give us a never-seen melodic sound tagged Southy Love.

• Is Peruzzi trying to major in dancehall and high-tempo songs like his label mate Mayorkun? This next track Color is a typical street jam.

Peruzzi picks his single with Lussh Beats Islova to be his intro in his sophomore album. The jam is playful, relatable and something for the hood.

RATING

Lyrics - 3/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 3/5

AVERAGE RATING - 3.5/5

BUY >> Peruzzi - "Rum & Boogie" Album on iTunes

DOWNLOAD >> Peruzzi - "Rum & Boogie" Album

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
“I just wake up hear say my guy don buy private jet” — Peruzzi shocked at Davido’s recent purchase
Forum | 1 week ago

“I just wake up hear say my guy don buy private jet” — Peruzzi shocked at Davido’s recent purchase

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla
Forum | 3 weeks ago

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial
Forum | 4 weeks ago

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial

Alleged Padding: Peter Obi Calls For Total Review Of 2024 Budget
Forum | 1 month ago

Alleged Padding: Peter Obi Calls For Total Review Of 2024 Budget