ALBUM REVIEW: Mr P - "The Prodigal"

Forum 3 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Mr P - "The Prodigal"

Nigerian singer and songwriter Peter Okoye who is also known as Mr P comes through with his debut solo album tagged 'The Prodigal'.

Peter Okoye aka Mr P is a member of the defunct music group, Psquare. The singer, dancer, and entrepreneur who formed the music duo with his twin brother Paul 'Rudeboy' Okoye is finally out with his debut album titled 'The Prodigal'.

Mr P has been in the music industry for a while now as a solo artist decides to take the bold step of dishing out a 16-tracks solid project. The album released last weekend featured one single with production credits from Goldswarm, Shugavibez, Mr P, Sarmy Fire, Daihardbeats, and Kealzbeats.

The album featured Singah, Wande Coal, Simi, Teni, Tiwa Savage, Mohombi, Tamar Braxton, DJ Switch, and Ovikelz.

Here is a candid review of the album.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/4f3c38a316d597296fc2b305133da8b8.png

• The first track produced by Goldswarm tagged 'Odo' is a funky tune. It's a rhythmic jam with some Psquare vibes.

• Paloma featuring Singah is one of my favourites. It's a powerful love song.

• I Do featuring Tiwa Savage is another love song. It has a groovy funky tune performed with melodic vocals.

• Looking for a romantic jam to seduce your woman? This is a perfect track. In Boyfriend, Mr P gushes over his woman.

• The lead single, Just Like That is another Psquare like vibe. The electrifying tune featured Congolese-Swedish musician, Mohombi.

• This is my best track on this project. It's a slow-paced beach vibe featuring three female singers; Teni, Simi, and Tamar Braxton. I Love You is so so beautiful.

• I No Like Trouble is a Fuji track solo performed by the Nigerian singer, Mr P. The song reminds us of the legendary Fela Kuti.

• Finally, Mr P links up with his official disc jockey, DJ Switch for a brand new song tagged Prodigal.

• In Smooth Criminal, Mr P talks about how crazily in love he is with his mysterious woman.

• Blessed is another explosive jam on this album. It's madly groovy. I surely enjoyed listening to this song.

• Mr P, Goldswarm, and Singah link up again for another tune. This one titled Lola Diego is another funky tune on this album.

• The next track Grow Old featured Ovikelz.

• Diehardbeatz and Mr P cook up an afro-house amapiano jam tagged Eh Lo.

• Nobody by Mr P is a Psquare kind of jam. It's hard, trap-like, and loud.

• The Nigerian popstar, Mr P comes through with another mad tune. Fly Away is that jam you hear and you are literally being invited to the dance floor.

• In the last song, Mr P and Wande Coal present a playful track tagged Flow My Lead.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 4/5

Performance - 4/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4/5

BUY >> Mr P - "The Prodigal" Album on iTunes

DOWNLOAD >> Mr P - "The Prodigal" Album

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla
Forum | 3 weeks ago