EP REVIEW: Oladips & Zlatan - "Mainland To Island"

Forum 3 years ago

EP REVIEW: Oladips & Zlatan - "Mainland To Island"

Nigerian rapper and the CEO of Zanku records, Omoniyi Temidayo Raphael popularly known as Zlatan Ibile linked up with his friend, Oladips for a new project tagged 'Mainland To Island'.

Finally, we have another collaborative project from two friends, Zlatan and Oladips titled 'Mainland To Island'.

The hip-hop project celebrates Lagosians for their grinds and sweats to survive. It's a project that the African story in the best way possible.

Recall in 2015, exactly six years from now, the west and east linked up in 'Two Kings' by Olamide and Phyno. The project became the first collaborative project released in the Nigerian music scene. Phyno and Olamide employed Lil Kesh, Wizkid, and Storm Rex in the 10-tracks album.

'Mainland To Island' is a hardcore hip-hop jam with elements of trap and afrobeat.

Here's a candid review of the EP.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/698cb55fd00d5ea746b6d213cf2ebdbf.png

• The first track is the only single on the project. Mainland To Island is pure hip hop. It's a beautiful art piece with poetic lies and mind-blowing rhythms.

• Hallelujah is the second track on the project. It's a groovy street-hop that tends to sound like Zlatans's single 'Bolanle'.

• The third track 'Zaddy' is a dancehall song. Like expected, Zlatan and Oladips talk about their quest to get a daughter that will call them Zaddy.

• Consistency is calm, sexy, and enticing. It's a romantic cool vibe. To me, this is my best jam on the project.

RATING

Lyrics - 3/5

Production - 3/5

Performance - 2/5

AVERAGE RATING - 2.5/5

BUY >> Oladips & Zlatan - "Mainland To Island" EP on iTunes

DOWNLOAD >> Oladips & Zlatan - "Mainland To Island" EP

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: Kylian Mbappe equals Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Champions League record
Forum | 3 days ago

UCL: Kylian Mbappe equals Zlatan Ibrahimovic’s Champions League record

Third Mainland Bridge Accident: Hope Of Rescuing Two Passengers From Lagoon Dim – NEMA Says
Forum | 1 week ago

Third Mainland Bridge Accident: Hope Of Rescuing Two Passengers From Lagoon Dim – NEMA Says

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story
Forum | 2 weeks ago

My Dream Was To Play For Barcelona – Rapper, Zlatan Tells His Story

Sarah Hyland to Exit Love Island USA After 2 Seasons
Forum | 3 weeks ago

Sarah Hyland to Exit Love Island USA After 2 Seasons