Jay-Z Set to Unveil Africa-Themed Album with Nasty C, Olamide, Sarkordie and Others

Forum 3 years ago

Jay-Z Set to Unveil Africa-Themed Album with Nasty C, Olamide, Sarkordie and Others

American Rapper, Jay-Z is preparing to release an African-themed album featuring some renowned music acts from Africa.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2f58f7fa436033620da468d5ad5a22cf.jpgThe rapper has released the track list for the album which is dubbed “Ascension”.

It’s an album that will focus on the African continent, it’s heritage, music stars and their songs.

The album is coming as a surprise to some fans and industry watchers after speculations have gone rife over the years that the rapper has an African descent and now he intends to verify that by reuniting with his roots.

African music artists to featured in the album includes; rappers Sarkodie, Olamdie, Nasty C and Afrobeat giant Femi Kuti. International acts on the album includes; Wife of Jay Z and veteran singer, Beyonce, H.E.R, Rick Ross and the LightHouse Family.

The album when released, will be in the meantime only exclusive to streaming platform Tidal which is owned by the rapper.

Jay Z in a statement released via Roc Nation has this to say about the forthcoming album:

“I’ve always wanted to get in touch with my roots and connect to the motherland. You know, Africa is blessed with so much talent and I felt like it was time to tap into that resource. The Ascension is not just talking or focusing on Africa but it’s also about me giving back to the people, familiarizing with the culture and connecting more with the motherland.”

See album track list below;

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d25ee715077b71dd79141f90167d0d8a.jpg

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tulsa King: Sylvester Stallone Shares Set Photo for Season 2
Forum | 2 days ago

Tulsa King: Sylvester Stallone Shares Set Photo for Season 2

Tron: Ares Set Video Showcases Jared Leto in Costume
Forum | 2 days ago

Tron: Ares Set Video Showcases Jared Leto in Costume

Tension In Kano As Ganduje Set For Arraignment On April 17
Forum | 4 days ago

Tension In Kano As Ganduje Set For Arraignment On April 17