Serbia referee apologises to Ronaldo and Portugal

Forum 3 years ago

Serbia referee apologises to Ronaldo and Portugal

The man who officiated Saturday's World Cup qualifier has said sorry to Fernando Santos and his players for incorrectly ruling out a late winner.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c27c042927fc9cc915ce0e7a1dace61d.jpg

Dutch referee Danny Makkelie has offered Cristiano Ronaldo and Portugal an apology after disallowing the striker's goal against Serbia.

Portugal had to settle for a 2-2 draw in their 2022 World Cup qualifying clash after Ronaldo was denied a last-gasp winner by the match officials.

Replays showed that the Juventus striker's shot had crossed the line before Aleksandar Mitrovic was able to clear the ball away, but Makkelie waved play on after consulting with his linesman, which he has now admitted was the wrong decision.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
UCL: Referee used common sense – Arteta on why Bayern didn’t get penalty
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: Referee used common sense – Arteta on why Bayern didn’t get penalty

Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr
Forum | 1 week ago

Transfer: Expert speaks on Ronaldo leaving Al Nassr

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment
Forum | 1 week ago

Electricity Tariff Hike: I’m Sorry – Power Minister, Adelabu Apologises to Nigerians Over AC, Freezer Comment

Actress, Sarah Martins Apologises For Blaming Adanma Luke Over Junior Pope’s Death
Forum | 1 week ago

Actress, Sarah Martins Apologises For Blaming Adanma Luke Over Junior Pope’s Death