Boko Haram Survivor Shares Testimony As He Became A Graduate

Forum 8 years ago

Boko Haram Survivor Shares Testimony As He Became A Graduate

26-year-old Abubakar Umar (pictured center) is a survivor of Boko Haram attack. He was shot in both arms in November 2014 in Kano during one of the terrorists attacks.

He graduated with a degree in Petroleum Chemistry at the American University of Nigeria, Yola Adamawa state yesterday May 11th.

“I think I should have died on that day, I could have died on that day. I lost so much blood, there wasn’t any medication. I just saw these people coming out of the bush. They were screaming ‘Allahu Akbar’ (God is greatest) and shooting at my car.

At first I stopped because some of them had military trousers and boots but then I noticed their headbands and what they were saying, so I realised they were insurgents. They shot me in my right arm. I continued (driving). I didn’t know where I was going. I just kept on driving. I thought I would reach a checkpoint and report the case. I never met any checkpoint. I put mud and chicken dung on my head to look like a madman. I removed my shoes and put them in my pocket… (but) I didn’t see Boko Haram. But somehow I think the Lord kept me alive for a special reason and one of those reasons was to complete my degree. I’ve made it and I’ve graduated, so I’m very happy” he said as he picked up his degree.
[ads4]

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Frasier Season 2 Filming Begins, Shares Set Video With Kelsey Grammer
Forum | 21 hours ago

Frasier Season 2 Filming Begins, Shares Set Video With Kelsey Grammer

Superman: James Gunn Shares First Look at David Corenswet in DCU Movie
Forum | 4 days ago

Superman: James Gunn Shares First Look at David Corenswet in DCU Movie

Basketmouth Celebrates First Daughter on Birthday, Shares Adorable Video of Her Online
Forum | 1 week ago

Basketmouth Celebrates First Daughter on Birthday, Shares Adorable Video of Her Online

Actor Adeniyi Johnson Shares Throwback Photos With Wife, Seyi Edun
Forum | 1 week ago

Actor Adeniyi Johnson Shares Throwback Photos With Wife, Seyi Edun