Banker-turned-actress, Amanda Oruh dreams big

Forum 7 years ago

Banker-turned-actress, Amanda Oruh dreams big

Fast-rising actress, Amanda Oru has a big dream in Nollywood. She wants to be someone of the most-sought-after actresses in the industry, and since she made her debut as an actress, the starlet has been working round the clock to make her dream come true. Indeed, she has successfully achieved that dream with the production of her new movie, “Strangers Web”, which chronicles the story of a young girl faced with sour twists of life.

Amanda-Oruh The movie, starring herself, as well as veteran actress Tina Mba, Ujams Cbriel, Ebere Okaro and other notable Nollywood stars was directed by Edward Uka.

Amanda who dumped her prospective banking career to embrace her passion for acting has since featured in such movies as “Frenemy”, “Hotel Choco”; “Broken mirror”, “Hidden Parcel” and also in TV series like “Tinsel” TV and “Hustle”

.Amanda said, the movie is one that encourages and preaches forgiveness. She revealed she felt a strong desire to tell this incredible story and act it out. According to her, “what I have done is to recreate some of the challenges of humankind in a compelling story and bring talented actors and actresses to realize and interpret the story. I am new in Nollywood and still desire to make the kind of marks some of the great names like Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola and Stephanie Okereke-Linus have made.

These women and so many others too numerous to mention are doing very incredible jobs and I pray that providence will help me contribute my own quota to Nollywood. I want to say first, acting has been my talent and I have always made it known anywhere I am given a role. I want to use my God-given talent to support humankind and build a better world. I know I still have a very long way to go and trust me I am not looking back, I am really grateful for the much I have done. The movie, “Strangers Web” is a story of a young girl faced with sour twists of life, confronted by life’s most unfortunate situations, and was s*xually assaulted andrejected; leaving an indelible mark that haunts her.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Deadpool & Wolverine: Kevin Feige Turned Down Ryan Reynolds’ Initial Pitch for MCU Movie
Forum | 6 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine: Kevin Feige Turned Down Ryan Reynolds’ Initial Pitch for MCU Movie

Actress Lola Alao Recounts Humiliating Slap While Doing Caregiver Job in Canada
Forum | 6 days ago

Actress Lola Alao Recounts Humiliating Slap While Doing Caregiver Job in Canada

EPL: Football isn’t about big names – Pochettino on Chelsea’s win over Spurs
Forum | 1 week ago

EPL: Football isn’t about big names – Pochettino on Chelsea’s win over Spurs

Actress Peggy Ovire Celebrates Her Husband, Freddie Leonard On His Birthday
Forum | 1 week ago

Actress Peggy Ovire Celebrates Her Husband, Freddie Leonard On His Birthday