Coke Studio brought me out of my comfort zone – Simi

Forum 7 years ago

Coke Studio brought me out of my comfort zone – Simi

WINNER of the “Most Promising Act to Watch” category at the 2015 Nigeria Entertainment Awards, Simisola Bolatito Ogunleye, professionally known as Simi, has proven that she can hold her own in the Nigerian music industry.

Speaking recently on her experience on Coke Studio Africa 4, the 28 year old soul songstress of the “Jamb Question” fame, revealed thatbeing a part of the show has opened her to lots of opportunities she never imagined possible.

“I remember last year when I was really hoping I would be on Coke Studio. When the call finally came this year, I felt flattered and excited. For me, my entire Coke Studio 4 journey had been all about my passion for music.

It has been so much fun working on Coke Studio 4 because it made me come out of my comfort zone and do things I had never done before. It has been a great learning experience and I am glad Coca-Cola made me a part of this season.”

Simi started her career as a gospel singer, releasing her debut studio album in 2006 titled Ogaju. Her career cameinto spotlight in 2014 after she released “Tiff”, a song which was nominated in two categories at The Headies 2015.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Simi And Adekunle Gold Make Me Regret Being Single – Tiwa Savage
Forum | 1 week ago

Simi And Adekunle Gold Make Me Regret Being Single – Tiwa Savage

“You’re coming out of this strong” – Simi Gold encourages Bobrisky amid EFCC arrest
Forum | 2 weeks ago

“You’re coming out of this strong” – Simi Gold encourages Bobrisky amid EFCC arrest

Blessing CEO Hits Studio to Record Diss Track for Verydarkman
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Blessing CEO Hits Studio to Record Diss Track for Verydarkman

EPL table: Nottingham Forest move from relegation zone with vital win against Fulham
Forum | 3 weeks ago

EPL table: Nottingham Forest move from relegation zone with vital win against Fulham