Career & Net Worth Of Akofa Edjeani

Forum 3 years ago

Career & Net Worth Of Akofa Edjeani

Akofa Edjeani Asiedu is a popular Ghanaian actress, movie producer and entrepreneur.

She was born on 20 February 1969 in Ghana. She had her up-bringing in Ghana.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/98330dcfeb880d8979bfca4e8433b414.jpeg

Educational Background

Akofa had her secondary school education at Mawuli School, Ghana.

She later bagged a Bachelor’s degree in Arts from the University of Ghana Performing Arts and a certificate in PR, Marketing and Advertising from the Ghana Institute of Journalism in 1995.

Acting Career

Edjeani began acting dated back to her early days in the secondary school when she used to act as a member of drama club.

She joined the Ghanaian movie industry since mid 1990s and has remained prominent in the industry, playing intriguing roles in movies in both Nollywood and Ghallywood.

Edjeani has so far starred in over 100 Ghanaian Nollywood movies, some of which include:

• Life in Slow Motion

• Pieces of Me

• The Cursed Ones

• Children of the Mountain

• Sidechic Gang

• Lucky

• Azali

• Dark Spot

• Fools in Love

• Not my Daughter

• I Sing of a Well

• For Better For Worse 1995

• Divine Love

• ꞌꞌExpectationsꞌꞌ

• Holby City

• My Mother’s Heart 1&2

• Can’t Say Mother among numerous others.

Akofa Edjeani is beautiful, creative and highly talented Ghanaian actress. She is gifted in interpreting movie roles brilliantly and has impressed her numerous fans both in Ghana and Nigeria indeed across Africa.

In 2015, Edjeani featured in the British-Ghanaian award winning movie, ‘The Cursed Ones’.

The talented Ghanaian star was a member of the Interim Governing Council of the Ghana Culture Forum.

Akofa Edjeani is also a movie producer with a number of movies to her credit. She co-produced a movie, ‘I Sing of a Well’, a movie that won three awards at the African Movie Academy Awards and Best Jury Awards respectively.

Her short film, Not My Daughter (a film about female genital mutilation) also won Best Short Film award at the African Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) in 2008.

Personal Life

Edjeani was married to Robert Asiedu for over 20 years but sadly ended in divorce with the couple now in their separate ways.

In July 2018, she made it known in an interview with Deloris Frimpong Manso, on her show that she was in a relationship, looking forward to remarry.

She is a mother of two children.

Aside acting, Edjeani is a successful entrepreneur. She runs a restaurant in Kanda, Accra, Ghana. In an interview, the versatile actress revealed that setting up the restaurant 17 years ago was to sell food to support her family.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/90cce0ff5f8e8c11d8b2ebe163e81f08.jpeg

Net Worth

Akofa Edjeani is one of the most celebrated Ghanaian actresses, rated one of the richest and most influential with an estimated net worth of about $300,000 dollars.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Netflix to Stop Reporting Subscriber Numbers in 2025
Forum | 17 hours ago

Netflix to Stop Reporting Subscriber Numbers in 2025

Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’
Forum | 1 day ago

Rebecca Ferguson Discusses Mission: Impossible Exit: ‘It Needs to Be Worth It’

Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne
Forum | 5 days ago

Biography & Career Of Hank Kuehne