Clarence Peters Ace video director attacks Headies nominations

Forum 7 years ago

Clarence Peters Ace video director attacks Headies nominations

The cinematographer has expressed his displeasure at the organisers of the award for not acknowledging major works of some directors.
Capital Hill boss and video director Clarence Peters has called out the Headies for leaving out key video directors' work, mentioning Darey's 'Pray for me', and 'Kiss Daniel's 'Jombo'.

A number of artistes including Tekno, Yung6ix and Solidstar have openly declared their reservations about aspects of the nominations they didn't find palatable.

In an Instagram post, Clarence says:"In a year that these men gave us some of the most amazing visual interpretationsmainly Darey's "Pray for me" by mexemania & Kiss Daniel's "Jombo" by ajefilmswork works, respectfully, it breaks my heart that The Headies don't deem it fit to recognize their outstanding work.

To my brothers: from Dir Q, to adasacookey to Frizzle&Bizzle, from Gambit to LA, from Matt Max to Avalon to TOSIN IGHO, SESAN to MOE to MEJI etc ....

We know what we put in. Awards don't define us, WE DEFINE POPULAR CULTURE not just in Nigeria, but across the continent, so I salute you all."

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
Mufasa Director Barry Jenkins Defends Movie: ‘There Is Nothing Soulless About The Lion King’
Forum | 9 hours ago

Mufasa Director Barry Jenkins Defends Movie: ‘There Is Nothing Soulless About The Lion King’

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel
Forum | 5 days ago

Deadpool & Wolverine Director Says No MCU Knowledge Is Needed for Sequel

Thrill Ride: Godzilla Director on Board for Rollercoaster Thriller Movie
Forum | 1 week ago

Thrill Ride: Godzilla Director on Board for Rollercoaster Thriller Movie

Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Clean Air: The Old Guard 2 Director to Helm NASCAR Rom-Com Movie Produced by Will Smith