HIT OR TRASH: Rema - Bounce MP3

Forum 3 years ago

HIT OR TRASH: Rema - Bounce MP3

On Friday 26th February 2021, Divine Ikubor popularly known as Rema dropped his first single of the year titled 'Bounce'. The young talented Nigerian singer and rapper signed to Mavin records' imprint, Jonzing World presents his first single off his incoming debut album.

Rema had earlier informed us that he is working on an album. He made this known via numerous tweets on Twitter early this year. His colleagues, Fireboy DML and Joeboy had both dropped their debut albums before now. Fireboy DML released his debut album Laughter, Tears and Goosebumps in 2019 while Joeboy dropped his debut album a few weeks ago titled Somewhere Between Beauty and Magic. In 2019, Rema dished out three extended plays and took the whole of 2020 to drop more singles and collaborative singles while Fireboy DML dropped his sophomore album Apollo last year.

To wet the ground for the arrival of his debut album, Rema links up with his record label boss for the first time. The joint by the Benin-born artist was produced by Don Jazzy with a little help from London. The jam is an uptempo amapiano-flavoured afrobeat tune with a party vibe and dancehall feel.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/68d91c65b7f97414426ac9b7b2f58974.png

Rema took us by surprise on this one. I believe most of his fans were hoping to get a trap song from the youngster only for him to drop something for ladies to whine their waist. Rema, 20, is indeed a grown man. The Bounce song shows he is no longer the timid (especially on interviews), the honest-looking shy guy we saw in 2019. Today, Rema has shown us he now a mature man, tapping and rocking booties on a speed boat.

We think Rema is doing too much to retain his African audience but we will surely leave you to judge the vibe in his latest track. Will you consider Bounce a failed jam by Rema?

Let's have your reactions below

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rema And Asake Set New Afrobeats Records
Forum | 5 days ago

Rema And Asake Set New Afrobeats Records

My Collaboration With Rema Will Dictate Future of Nigerian Music – Pheelz
Forum | 5 days ago

My Collaboration With Rema Will Dictate Future of Nigerian Music – Pheelz

Remarry After Mohbad
Forum | 1 week ago

Remarry After Mohbad's One-Year Remembrance. Ignore Those Asking for DNA — Isaac Fayose Tells Wunmi

He’s evil, I tried to hit him’ – Marcelo opens up on encounter with Messi
Forum | 1 week ago

He’s evil, I tried to hit him’ – Marcelo opens up on encounter with Messi