EP REVIEW: Mr Eazi - "Something Else"

Forum 3 years ago

EP REVIEW: Mr Eazi - "Something Else"

Nigerian singer and songwriter, Oluwatosin Ajibadepopularly known as Mr Eazi premiere yet another body of work tagged "Something Else".

Mr Eazi who is getting ready for a brand new album links up with Xenia Manasseh in the five tracks Something Else EP. The Banku Music and Empawa records boss continued his quest to explore new sounds on this new project.

According to the award-winning singer, Something Else EP represents a “calm before the storm”. It's a continuation of his from a passionate creative to a global entrepreneur.

In his words, “I spent the entire year working on building emPawa Africa and morphing into ‘Don Eazi’, the mogul,”. Talking about how the EP came about, he said “I almost had no time to record. This project was inspired by Kel P and Killertunes, who kept coming to meet me in Accra until I finally recorded ‘The Don.’ That opened the door for me getting back in the studio.”

The project was produced by Kel P, E Kelly, Killertunes, Blaq Jerzee and Spizzy.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/66d8ecf3bd0437714e29615420e14abe.jpg

• The first track The Don is the only single on this project. The mid-tempo afrobeat jam was produced by Killertunes. The instrumental is funky and a bit tough.

• Love For You is inarguably one of the hottest songs in this masterpiece. Mr Eazi and Spizzy goes hard on this groovy tune. It's a very emotional sound.

• Nigerian mega superstar, Mr Eazi links up with Xenia Manasseh on this new tune titled Cherry. The Kenyan female singer brought her alluring vocals to add flavour to this lovely sound.

• The fourth track Saudi Arabia produced by Blaq Jerzee captures the deeper most part of Mr Eazi's heart as the singer narrates how this mysterious lady has been able to capture his soul. It's an adorable song.

• Personally, I think Mr Eazi kept the best track for the last. The highlife chords on this track make me want to listen to it over and over again. E Be Mad by Mr Eazi was produced by Kel P. It's indeed a vibe.

RATING 

Lyrics - 3/5

Production - 5/5

Performance - 4/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4/5

BUY >> Mr Eazi - "Something Else" EP on iTunes 

DOWNLOAD >> Mr Eazi - "Something Else" EP

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial
Forum | 4 weeks ago