Wizkid's Manager Blames Recession For Glo Exit

Forum 7 years ago

Wizkid's Manager Blames Recession For Glo Exit

Multiple award winning singer, Wizkid took to twitter late last night to announce that his 16-month relationship with telco giant, GLO had ended.

When Wizkid signed the deal worth around N120m in June 2015, it reportedly was the biggest endorsement deal in Africa at the time.

In a brief chat with Netng, Wizkid’s manager Sunday Are reacted to reports that he was dumped because he requested for more money, saying, ‘No there’s nothing like that, they still remain a big family, I wish you know how cool the relationship between them is. There’s no issue at all’.

Asked if Wizkid got a better offer from a competing brand, he said, ‘no, no, no there’s nothing like that. Wizkid has a good relationship with GLO’.

When the popular talent manager was probed further about the reason behind Wizkid exit, he made mention of Nigeria's current economic situation;

‘the reason is best known to the company and the artiste. It’s not a big deal at all and I’m sure you know how the country is, there’s recession everywhere but trust me it’s not an issue‘ he said.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related forums
UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat
Forum | 1 week ago

UCL: You killed the game – Gundogan blames Barcelona teammate for PSG defeat

Davido Reveals He No Longer Communicates With Wizkid and Burna Boy
Forum | 1 week ago

Davido Reveals He No Longer Communicates With Wizkid and Burna Boy

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia
Forum | 1 week ago

Autopsy Begins On Remains Of Hotel Manager Allegedly Killed By Soldiers In Umuahia

Tom Hiddleston’s The Night Manager Returning for 2 More Seasons
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Tom Hiddleston’s The Night Manager Returning for 2 More Seasons