ALBUM REVIEW: Joeboy - "Somewhere Between Beauty & Magic"

Forum 3 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: Joeboy - "Somewhere Between Beauty & Magic"

Nigerian singer and songwriter, Joseph Akinwale Akinfenwa popularly known as Joeboy present his debut album titled "Somewhere Between Beauty & Magic".

The singer who had a career breakthrough after joining Mr Eazi's Banku Music and emPawa records dropped his debut project 'Love and Light' in 2019.

In 2020, Joeboy linked up with DJ Neptune and his record label boss, Mr Eazi to dish out the global hit titled 'Nobody'.

He dropped Lonely and Celebration off the Somewhere Between Beauty & Magic album towards the ending of last year. On February 4, 2021, Joeboy released a 37 minutes album of 14-tracks to kickstart the year. The solo-performed album has production credits going to Killertunes, Type A, MOG, Kelly, BigFish, Tempoe, Dera, Mex Flairz, and Beatsbyko.

Joeboy searches his heart to pour out real emotions into his first album as an African pop star. Even though most of the songs sounded alike, Joeboy could end up giving us a powerful body of work with a high replay value in Somewhere Between Beauty & Magic album.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/b82305bc4244fbfedaec77a8164a6407.png

• With Count Me Out, Joeboy makes a clear statement about his worth in a sax-dominated afrobeat jam.

• Focus is a groovy tune produced by MOG. Joeboy talks about the importance of defining relationships in this melodic potential hit track.

• Talented music producer Beatzbyko and Joeboy link up in Number One. With a mind-blowing pen game and top-notch vocal melodies, Joeboy delivers another classic tune.

• Police is a powerful vibe. Joeboy gave us nothing but a magic tune showing his rare talent and ability to compose relatable songs.

• Finally, Joeboy includes a dancehall jam in his debut album. Door was produced by Tempoe.

• Looking for a typical afrobeat song with amazing drums and awesome melodies? Show Me by Joeboy is one for you.

• Runaway is a grown and sexy afro-fusion vibe for those romantic moments. Indeed Joeboy is extremely talented.

• The next track Lonely released as a single prior to the release of the album is a well-crafted piece of art. Once more, Joeboy shows off his amazing pen-game.

• Consent is something spectacular. The producer Semzi manages to include the trending amapiano sound as a baseline sound on the beat. It's danceable and a potential club banger.

• Type A and Joeboy join forces together in Oshe. Even though I didn't really connect to this tune, I still consider it a wonderful song.

• With how dramatic 2020 was and how slow 2021 started, a song like Oh by Joeboy might come in handy to create the desired atmosphere at a party.

• The next track Sugar Mama is another slow-paced jam on this project.

• Better Thing starts off with a sweet-toned guitar that continued through the song.

• To end this first-class experience, Joeboy includes his single Celebration to celebrate the release of his first major project.

RATING

Lyrics - 4/5

Production - 5/5

Performance - 3/5

AVERAGE RATING - 4/5

BUY >> Joeboy - "Somewhere Between Beauty & Magic" Album on iTunes

DOWNLOAD >>Joeboy - "Somewhere Between Beauty & Magic" Album

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Grammy Is US Award, Let’s Support Our Own — Joeboy to Colleagues
Forum | 2 weeks ago