The Man Third In Line To President Has Been In 5 Batman Movies

Forum 3 years ago

The Man Third In Line To President Has Been In 5 Batman Movies

Senator Patrick Leahy, third in line to current US President Joe Biden, is a huge Batman fan and has been in five movies featuring the Caped Crusader.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d9cf06352a63c772bf08f8fc77097359.jpg

Senator Patrick Leahy, third in line to current US President Joe Biden, is a huge Batman fan and has been in five movies featuring the Caped Crusader. Leahy, born in 1940, just one year after Batman made his comic book debut, is a Democratic Senator from the state of Vermont. He was first elected to the US senate as a 34-year-old in 1974, following the Watergate scandal which saw the resignation of President Richard Nixon. He has served in the senate since, and is one of two Vermont Senators, the other being former Democratic Presidential candidate, and current meme, Bernie Sanders.

Leahy was installed as the President pro tempore of the United States Senate on January 21. That position places him third in line to the presidency, behind Vice-President Kamala Harris, and Speaker of the House of Representatives, Nancy Pelosi. Leahy is unlikely to ever be called upon to fill the role of president, given the large number of people ahead of him who would need to be removed from office, though a catastrophic event, like the explosion in the senate that killed off his character in Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice, would be one way he could be elevated to the role.

While it's been known for a long time, Leahy's elevation to the position of President pro tempore of the US senate has put his love of Batman in the spotlight once again. CNN reports on the strange fact that the third in line to the Presidency has five films and one TV show listed on his filmography - all of them Batman properties. Leahy's first appearance came in Batman Forever, in an uncredited cameo, and in the same year he voice a character called Territorial Governor in an episode of Batman: The Animated Series. Leahy has since appeared in four more Batman movies: Batman & Robin (as himself), The Dark Knight, The Dark Knight Rises (as a Wayne Board member both times) and Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice (as Senator Purrington).

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/0ee4f98d6bff798898215a3c44ddb76e.jpg

That's an impressive filmography, and proves just how much of a fan of the franchise he is. CNN also reports that Leahy will sadly not continue his tradition of cameos in Matt Reeves' The Batman, as he has understandably been too busy with the coronavirus pandemic and other issues in the senate to take any time off for another movie cameo. Of course, Leahy isn't the only US representative to have appeared in movies or on TV.

Most famously, the 40th US President, Ronald Reagan, who served for two terms from 1981 to 1989, was a Hollywood star in the 1950s, while 1980s action star Arnold Schwarzenegger served as the governor of California from 2003 to 2011. And more recently, former President Donald Trump has a number of film cameos under his belt, including Home Alone 2, as well as a long tenure as the host of the reality TV show The Apprentice. But none have been associated with a single character in the way Leahy has, proving the Senator is a unique and steadfast Batman fan.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise
Forum | 23 hours ago

Hit Man Trailer Shows Glen Powell Playing a Master of Disguise

Leonardo DiCaprio Almost Played Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman
Forum | 23 hours ago

Leonardo DiCaprio Almost Played Lex Luthor in Batman v Superman

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Hit Man Poster Previews the Glen Powell-led Comedy Action Movie

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)
Forum | 2 days ago

What President Tinubu Told Me About My Removal As APC Chairman – Ganduje (Video)