Escape Room 2 Release Date Set For January 2022

Forum 3 years ago

Escape Room 2 Release Date Set For January 2022

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, Sony has moved Escape Room 2 back from 2021 and will kick off 2022 with a January 7 release.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3cb9c2addf4afad81a3c5bd7c08a671e.jpg

Sony Pictures has set the release date for Escape Room 2 for January 7, 2022. Director Adam Robitel returns to helm the sequel that sees original stars Taylor Russell and Logan Miller return. Joining them are Isabelle Fuhrman, Thomas Cocqueral, Holland Roden, Carlito Olivero, and Indya Moore in the sequel to the surprise 2019 hit film.

Escape Room 2 was announced to be in development shortly after the first film opened to be a surprise hit. Originally slated for release on April 17, 2020, the film was pushed back to December 30, 2020, even before the COVID-19 pandemic started to shift release dates. The film was then moved back two days to January 1, 2021, where it would stay until October when Sony pushed it back to an unknown 2021 release date. Now with a 2022 release date, it will be a three-year gap between the original film and its sequel.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3d7eacc32dc185afc90c398ce073d537.jpg

A January 2022 release date now makes it the first of three horror films that will open that month. The following week will see the release of Scream 5, and then on January 21, Sony Pictures will also be releasing Morbius. Moving Morbius, Uncharted, and now Escape Room 2 out of 2021 into 2022 mirrors Sony Pictures' strategy earlier last year when they moved all their films out of 2020 and into 2021. Now into 2021, the delays are happening again, and Sony is getting ahead of the competition by staking out release dates.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
EFCC Charge: Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello
Forum | 1 min ago

EFCC Charge: Court Fixes Date to Rule on Substituted Service on Yahaya Bello

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding
Forum | 10 hours ago

Lady In Shock As Man She Asked On A Date Invites Her To His Wedding

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel
Forum | 17 hours ago

My Spy: The Eternal City Photo Sets Release Date for Dave Bautista Sequel