Captain Marvel 2 Star Isn’t Sure When Filming Will Start

Forum 3 years ago

Captain Marvel 2 Star Isn’t Sure When Filming Will Start

Teyonah Parris, who currently plays Monica Rambeau in WandaVision, isn't sure when Captain Marvel 2 begins filming ahead of its 2022 date.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/2b9d7e1943b26a0c4ef9aaefe351bca5.jpg

Captain Marvel 2 star Teyonah Parris isn't sure when filming on the sequel will start. Nia DaCosta, whose film Candyman comes out this year, is taking over directing duties from Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck. Brie Larson is set to reprise her role as Carol Danvers from the first film, which came out in 2019. Joining her are Parris, who will be playing an adult Monica Rambeau, and Iman Vellani, who will be playing Kamala Khan a.k.a. Ms. Marvel after her debut in her own Disney+ series later in 2021.

Parris made her own MCU debut this month in the inaugural Marvel Studios Disney+ series WandaVision. Parris' character goes by the name Geraldine in the series, but it's been made clear that she is playing Monica Rambeau. As the mysteries unravel on the show, fans can expect to learn more about Monica Rambeau and what she has been up to between the events of Captain Marvel and WandaVision.

Parris has made it clear that she's as in the dark as fans are about the future of her character in the MCU. In an interview with Rotten Tomatoes, Parris revealed that she hasn't started shooting for the sequel, nor does she know when filming for Captain Marvel 2 starts. She says that they are likely trying to make sure everything is safe before they commence shooting on the film, which is currently slated for a November 11, 2022 release date.

I can say we haven’t started shooting, and I don’t know when we will start. It’s very interesting times we’re in, so I imagine they’ll start as soon as they can when it’s safe for everybody. So we’ll see.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/3099978a4bb8ac61e5e67aa95f223eb6.jpg

It's not unusual for filming to not have began on a film nearly two years away from release. Thor: Love and Thunder has just begun shooting in Australia ahead of its May 2022 release date and several other Marvel productions are currently in the midst of shooting about a year out from their various release dates. Preparations for filming are likely underway with a start date for later this year, but a lot goes in to making sure sets are safe for the cast and crew as they adjust to filming in the middle of global pandemic that is still seeing cases surging in many parts of the world.

The fact that Parris isn't clued in to these preparations is not uncommon - the studio plays things close to the chest when it comes to filming their high profile sequels. Parris isn't even sure which superhero Monica Rambeau will become, but there's a few options besides the titular character, including Spectrum and Photon, the latter of which was seemingly referenced in Wanda's lullaby at the end of WandaVision episode three. Fans may have to wait until Captain Marvel 2 to see Monica team up with other superheroes, but until then, her character is sure to take on a larger role in WandaVision as it gears up to finish its run in a little over a month.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Spider-Man Noir Live-Action Series to Star Nicolas Cage
Forum | 4 hours ago

Spider-Man Noir Live-Action Series to Star Nicolas Cage

Jason Statham to Star in Untitled Thriller From Baltasar Kormákur
Forum | 4 hours ago

Jason Statham to Star in Untitled Thriller From Baltasar Kormákur

Denis Leary to Star in Fox Comedy Series Going Dutch
Forum | 16 hours ago

Denis Leary to Star in Fox Comedy Series Going Dutch