Pogba Has Left Himself Open To Criticism – Giggs

Forum 3 years ago

Pogba Has Left Himself Open To Criticism – Giggs

Paul Pogba has left himself open to criticism with struggles for consistency at Manchester United, says Ryan Giggs, but the World Cup winner has been showing over recent weeks that a prominent role can be found for him at Old Trafford.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/6bf0d0531906ae744ec4ef50dca8a56d.jpg

The Red Devils have failed to bring the best out of an enigmatic talent since bringing him back to English football from Juventus in a record-breaking £89 million ($122m) transfer.

That deal was done during the summer of 2016, with four-and-a-half years spent trying to eke undoubted ability out of the France international midfielder.

Pogba has often been a source of frustration for managers, team-mates and supporters, with the 27-year-old offering sporadic flashes of brilliance as questions are asked of his form, fitness and future.

Giggs admits that a divisive character has brought many of his problems on himself, with actions on and off the field, but is pleased to have seen experiments with his position pay off as full potential stars to be unlocked in his game.

The United legend told Stadium Astro after seeing Pogba put in another eye-catching performance during a 3-2 FA Cup win over Liverpool:

“When you set a standard that he has done, for France and Juve, and he comes to United and doesn’t really live up to the expectation, then you are open to criticism.

“I think he is a talent and he is a good lad as well. He gets a lot of criticism and I think that is down to some comments from his agent and just the fact he hasn’t been consistent since he joined United.

“Now we are starting to see some of that. Ole has been moving him around a little bit, off the left and right. He seems to now be hitting his best form, like a lot of the United players at the moment.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Police Open Investigation Into The Abduction Of RCCG Pastor, 14 Others In Oyo
Forum | 2 days ago

Police Open Investigation Into The Abduction Of RCCG Pastor, 14 Others In Oyo

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up
Forum | 3 days ago

Criticisms No Longer Shake Me - Skitmaker, Taaooma Speaks Up

Lady Left In Shock After Her Father’s Side Chick Shares Video Of Them
Forum | 5 days ago

Lady Left In Shock After Her Father’s Side Chick Shares Video Of Them

Who Be Your Papa? – Nollywood Actor, Emeka Ike Blasts Alleged Son Who Left School For Music
Forum | 5 days ago

Who Be Your Papa? – Nollywood Actor, Emeka Ike Blasts Alleged Son Who Left School For Music