Tom Holland Wants To Star In A Horror Movie

Forum 3 years ago

Tom Holland Wants To Star In A Horror Movie

Tom Holland reveals in a recent chat with Daniel Kaluuya that he would like to star in different types of films, citing horror specifically.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/d87254356475ebc7b59e46f7d15e77c7.jpg

Tom Holland reveals he would like to star in different types of movies, citing horror specifically. Holland reached global fame with the success of Spider-Man: Homecoming, quickly getting on Hollywood’s shortlist for projects that require a young protagonist, but there’s a lot the actor still wants to try.

Prior to earning the role of the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Spider-Man, Holland’s performances leaned in the direction of historical and family dramas. Appearing most often in prominent supporting parts, he seemed to eschew the more popular genre fare of romantic comedies and horror. But, in new comments, Holland admits he would very much like to diversify his filmography going forward.

As part of a conversation with Get Out star Daniel Kaluuya for Variety, the two actors touched on their past projects and shared their aspirations going forward. Holland, for his part, said he would like to continue making big blockbusters while also starring in smaller and more personal dramas such as Cherry. Holland also noted he would like to appear in more genre fare, including horror. You can read Holland’s quote below.

I think I will try and do both. I’d like to do a horror film, but I’m so terrified of it. Get Out is one of the only horror films I’ve ever really seen, and I love that film, but I can’t tell you how much sleep you stole from me.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c5066c18bd89a3d4e5382f50f7604032.jpg

Even though Holland hasn’t appeared in a strict horror movie along the lines of Scream or Final Destination, many of his roles prior to Spider-Man had a difficult or disturbing element. In his first live-action movie, 2012’s The Impossible, he played a young boy fighting to reunite his family in the wake of a natural disaster. In two other films, Edge of Winter and The Lost City of Z, the actor portrayed protagonists who had violate relationships with their fathers. Even in The Devil All the Time, one of his more recent titles, the preference for thorny subject matter remains. It would be a welcome shift to see Holland leading a relatively lighter, but scarier story.

For the foreseeable future, and especially in the coming year, Holland has a busy schedule. Early 2021 will include the releases of Cherry and Chaos Walking. And, by the end of 2021, both Uncharted and Spider-Man 3 will have debuted. Still, further down the road, hopefully the actor will get his wish. It would certainly be fun to see him as either the final boy in a slasher movie or perhaps the secret villain who reveals his motivations in the third act. Despite emerging as a reliable headliner for big movies, there are a lot of genres Tom Holland hasn’t tried. It makes his career all the more exciting to watch.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Wolf Man: Matilda Firth Joins Cast of Universal Horror Movie
Forum | 12 hours ago

Wolf Man: Matilda Firth Joins Cast of Universal Horror Movie

The Devil’s Bath Shudder Release Date Confirmed for Period Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

The Devil’s Bath Shudder Release Date Confirmed for Period Horror Movie

Refuge Trailer Unleashes Hell in New Renny Harlin Horror Movie
Forum | 1 day ago

Refuge Trailer Unleashes Hell in New Renny Harlin Horror Movie