Rema VS Mayorkun, Who Is A Bigger Artist?

Forum 3 years ago

Rema VS Mayorkun, Who Is A Bigger Artist?

Following the recent argument on Twitter over who is a bigger artist between Rema and Mayorkun, we have done a little digging to bring up a few numbers to assist us in determining who is bigger amongst these two.

Mayorkun signed to Davido Music Worldwide is a Nigerian Afrobeat singer and songwriter who became a household name in 2018 after being singed to DMW in 2016. Adewale Mayowa Emmanuel alias Mayorkun premiered his debut album Mayor in Lagos in 2018 two years before dropping his second project Geng in 2020. He is a force to reckon with in the industry. Mayorkun had his best career year in 2020 when he produced a couple of hit songs as a solo artist and also as a featured act. He went on to bag a headies award nomination for Artist of the Year 2020. Mayorkun's Geng found a way into Paul Pogba's training sessions in 2020.

Rema on the other hand is a teenager whose music took barely four months after its release to get featured on Barrack Obama's summer playlist for 2019. The trap rapper and Afrobeat singer became a worldwide name one year after Mayorkun got a breakthrough in the Nigerian music scene. Rema won the Headies Next Rated award in 2019 and has gone on to entertain Rihanna, Drake, and other international artists with his music.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/aa5e02e89c851d8f0be702aa1fde0513.png

Mayorkun’s most-streamed song on Spotify is Up To Something with 5 Million streams with monthly listeners of 386,479. He has a total of 52.1 Million plays on Audiomack and 59,471 fans on Deezer. Mayorkun’s most viewed Youtube videos include Mama – 26 M views, Bobo – 15M views, and True – 9.1M views.

Rema brags of 1.5 million monthly listeners on Spotify having Dumebi with 35 million streams as his most popular song on the platform. On Audiomack, Rema has 127 million total plays in total and 162,398 fans on Deezer. Rema’s most viewed Youtube videos include Dumebi – 34M, Beamer – 14M, and Ginger Me 10M.

What do you think? Please drop your reactions below

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti
Forum | 3 days ago

I’m Only Artist Who Stops People From Spraying Me – Seun Kuti

Singer, Mayorkun Slams N1 Billion Lawsuit Against TikToker, Dabarbie Who Claimed He’s A ‘Ritualist’
Forum | 5 days ago

Singer, Mayorkun Slams N1 Billion Lawsuit Against TikToker, Dabarbie Who Claimed He’s A ‘Ritualist’

Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With
Forum | 1 week ago

Davido Reveals Only American Artist He Can ‘Disturb’ Himself To Collaborate With

Rema And Asake Set New Afrobeats Records
Forum | 1 week ago

Rema And Asake Set New Afrobeats Records