Batwoman’s Javicia Leslie Explains How It Feels To Drive The Batmobile

Forum 3 years ago

Batwoman’s Javicia Leslie Explains How It Feels To Drive The Batmobile

Batwoman's new lead Javicia Leslie reveals her excitement over getting to drive the iconic Batmobile in season 2 of the Arrowverse series.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/324f7f86d46cb845dda326d06b8521a9.jpg

Brand-new Batwoman Javicia Leslie recently described her experience driving the Batmobile. The Arrowverse series returned for season 2 earlier this week, with one major change. This was due to Batwoman's original lead, Ruby Rose, exiting the show soon after the season 1 finale last year. As a result, Leslie was brought on board to play the new Batwoman, Ryan Wilder. She made her debut in the season 2 premiere, with her character promising to take the series in an exciting direction. Ryan also suited up as Batwoman for the first time in the same episode, facing off against the season 1 villain Tommy Elliot/Hush, who wore Bruce Wayne's face.

Batwoman season 1 showed off many of the toys left behind by Batman in the Batcave. However, the Batmobile never made an appearance. Instead, Rose's Kate Kane rode a motorcycle. That all changed when Batwoman began filming season 2. Set photos from back in October 2020 revealed the show's version of the Batmobile, which made its debut in the premiere. However, in the episode, Hush drove it rather than Batwoman. Luckily, judging by recent comments from Leslie, Ryan will get her time behind the wheel soon.

Per ComicBook, while speaking with reporters at a press conference, Leslie discussed her experience driving the Batmobile, calling it "super-fun." She went on to say:

Those cars are so powerful, just in an essence. Before you even drive, just you feel the energy of it and the way that our team has really designed it. Every part of it feels epic, the screens, and how you're able to press this button and then a missile comes out, or you press this button and you go faster or some other type of layer covers the car. That's what I watched when I was growing up, when I watched Batman. That car goes from a car to a motorcycle. That's what I saw when I was growing up. So to be able to be a part of that at all is super fun and epic. And it's super cool that young kids are going to see this Batwoman in the Batmobile, because I know we didn't get to play with that in the first season.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/f016c54e11b6ed5a65f719e6df66ef5e.jpg

While expected, it's nice to have confirmation Ryan will drive the Batmobile. It's also exciting to hear more about its gadgets, which viewers saw in action during the premiere. However, the car-to-motorcycle feature wasn't used by Hush, so that's something to look forward to in future episodes. As Leslie notes, it's also neat audiences will get to see this particular Batwoman in the Batmobile. Though Ryan wasn't around for many of season 1's milestones, the Batmobile will belong wholly to her character and her character alone.

It's also exciting the Arrowverse gets to utilize such an iconic Bat Family item. Not that long ago, the shows weren't even allowed to reference Batman. Now, the franchise is fully immersed in Gotham, and audiences even know what Bruce Wayne looks like. The Batmobile's presence in Batwoman is yet another sign of how far the Arrowverse has come and its important role in the world of DC.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder
Forum | 1 day ago

Rebel Moon Franchise Could Be 4-6 Movies, Explains Zack Snyder

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding
Forum | 2 days ago

BBNaija Star Omashola Explains Why Fake Money Was Sprayed at His Wedding

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Geena Davis Explains Why She’s Not in Tim Burton’s Sequel
Forum | 4 days ago

Beetlejuice Beetlejuice: Geena Davis Explains Why She’s Not in Tim Burton’s Sequel

Driver Remanded Over Alleged Reckless Driving
Forum | 1 week ago

Driver Remanded Over Alleged Reckless Driving