Guardians of the Galaxy's Nebula Confirmed For Thor: Love & Thunder

Forum 3 years ago

Guardians of the Galaxy's Nebula Confirmed For Thor: Love & Thunder

Karen Gillan has confirmed she's currently in Australia in quarantine ahead of reprising her MCU role of Nebula in Thor: Love and Thunder.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/ae0d62459e3fb17ed3e7de8c8edcf381.jpg

Karen Gillan has confirmed she's currently in Australia in quarantine ahead of reprising her Marvel Cinematic Universe role of Nebula in Thor: Love and Thunder. The Scottish actor, who, apart from her role as Nebula, is best known for playing Dr. Who's Amy Pond, the companion to Matt Smith's eleventh Doctor, has become an integral cast member in the MCU since debuting as the conflicted daughter of Thanos in Guardians of the Galaxy. She officially became part of the superhero team in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, and played both the evil and good Nebulas in Avengers: Infinity War and Avengers: Endgame.

Since joining the MCU, Gillan has become a high-profile star in her own right, appearing in the two Jumanji sequels alongside Dwayne Johnson, Kevin Hart, and Jack Black. She's also set to appear in Gunpowder Milkshake, as a gun-toting hit-woman raised by a ruthless crime syndicate called The Firm. That film has no release date as yet, but it is expected to debut some time this year. In the meantime, Gillan isn't resting on her laurels, having recently traveled to Sydney, Australia, for what many assumed would be her part in Thor: Love and Thunder.

Gillan confirmed those assumptions on Instagram the other day (via DigitalSpy), taking to her stories to answer a fan question about her hair. Someone had asked whether she was wearing a wig currently, like she did during shooting for the first Guardians of the Galaxy, but Gillan said she wasn't, but had instead cut her hair shorter in order to be able to fit into the bald cap she wears for the role. The video is confirmation that Gillan, who is currently serving the mandatory 14-day quarantine period in Australia, is in the country to film Thor: Love and Thunder. You can read what she said in the video below:

This is the real deal! This is my hair. I cut it the other day in preparation for Nebula, so that we don't have to like get SO much hair into the bald cap, because I have so much hair it's unbelievable! Like it's just so thick.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c391aca46566fdb0103b0f0614fec825.jpg

Gillan joins a very large ensemble cast in the movie. Not only will Chris Hemsworth return in the titular role for his fourth solo outing, he'll be joined by Natalie Portman, who returns to the MCU as Jane Foster, in a storyline inspired by the comics, which sees Foster become The Mighty Thor while battling cancer. The rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy cast also returns, including Chris Pratt, and even Matt Damon is reportedly in Australia for the movie, following his cameo in the Thor: Ragnarok as an Asgardian actor playing Loki.

Just what part Gillan and the rest of the Guardians of the Galaxy cast will play in the movie remains to be seen. Avengers: Endgame teased a crossover, with Thor ending the movie on their ship, battling for control with Pratt's Peter Quill. Whether Thor: Love and Thunder follows their story directly after that scene, or picks up later on remains to be seen, but with the entire cast in Australia, including Gillan, the movie is clearly going to feature them in a larger-than-expected capacity, potentially even a full crossover leading in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Linda Hamilton Reflects on Terminator: Dark Fate: ‘I Can’t Say I Love the Film’
Forum | 5 days ago

Linda Hamilton Reflects on Terminator: Dark Fate: ‘I Can’t Say I Love the Film’

Challengers Video Highlights Zendaya’s Chaotic Game of Love & Tennis
Forum | 5 days ago

Challengers Video Highlights Zendaya’s Chaotic Game of Love & Tennis

Bob Marley: One Love Sets Paramount+ Streaming Date
Forum | 5 days ago

Bob Marley: One Love Sets Paramount+ Streaming Date