Bridgerton Star Wants Season 2 Team Up To Take Down Lady Whistledown

Forum 3 years ago

Bridgerton Star Wants Season 2 Team Up To Take Down Lady Whistledown

Bridgerton star Golda Rosheuvel, who plays Queen Charlotte, wants to see a team-up in season 2 to take Lady Whistledown on after she got away.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/764a44f8a1df058c034b83fe66893354.jpg

Bridgerton star Golda Rosheuvel, who plays Queen Charlotte in the new Netflix series, wants to see a team-up in season 2 to take on Lady Whistledown. Much like the gossip queen, Queen Charlotte lords over the proceedings in Bridgerton season 1. Not only does she declare Daphne Bridgerton a "diamond of the first water" in the series' first episode, portending great things for Daphne's inaugural season, but she also seemingly rules over all of the United Kingdom. Her husband, King George, is largely absent from the show because of a mysterious affliction, leaving Queen Charlotte to preside over London's affairs.

That includes the society papers Lady Whistledown publishes. The society papers are very popular in Grosvenor's Square as every resident follows her words closely. The Queen's interest is piqued by these papers early on, leading her to seek out Lady Whistledown's true identity. She eventually teams up with younger Bridgerton sibling, Eloise, to find out who Whistledown is. Eloise's change of heart, though, leads her to save Whistledown just as the Queen is on the brink of exposing her.

In an interview with Insider, Rosheuvel reveals that she'd like to see a similar team up in season 2 to expose Whistledown. Rosheuvel says she'd like to see the Queen team up with Eloise again to get to the bottom of who Whistledown is. Rosheuvel thinks the Queen's obsession with Lady Whistledown goes deeper than simply an interest in the gossip, but that it is still one of her main reasons for being so attracted to the mysterious figure.

"If [creator] Chris Van Dusen comes to me and says, 'Golda, what would you like to see in the second season if we have a second season?' I would say, 'The Queen and Eloise have to get together and form an alliance and find out who Whistledown is. I think it's the intrigue of meeting her match. I think she's intrigued by this woman who has the audacity to tread on the Queen's toes, basically. I think there's a lot of joy in that for Queen Charlotte because she loves a little bit of gossip."

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/199e74c5e61f6640265158902adec35e.jpg

While the first season already saw Eloise and the Queen team up to expose Whistledown, it was hardly the alliance Rosheuvel longs for. The Queen's mission was one-sided, and she quickly turned against Eloise to use her own people to expose Whistledown. A renewing of the alliance could be in order, but that's only if Eloise is willing. Eloise, too, turned on the Queen. The next Bridgerton daughter in line for a romantic match is reticent to participate in the outdated mating rituals Daphne does in the first season in favor of a less traditional path.

Eloise goes from wanting to expose Whistledown to wanting to protect her identity, for she longs to be independent in the way she believes Whistledown to be. What Eloise doesn't know is that Lady Whistledown is none other than her best friend, Penelope Featherington. When Eloise finds out that her best friend has been publishing the gossip papers, she'll surely have another change of heart, one that will be more complicated than the first, for Penelope is just as trapped as she is. Bridgerton has yet to be renewed for season 2, but it's all but guaranteed after the show's massive success. When it does, Eloise and the Queen will both have a lot to do.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Tulsa King: Sylvester Stallone Shares Set Photo for Season 2
Forum | 2 days ago

Tulsa King: Sylvester Stallone Shares Set Photo for Season 2

Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller
Forum | 2 days ago

Down Cemetery Road: Emma Thompson and Ruth Wilson to Star in Apple TV+ Thriller

Hacks Season 3 Trailer Sees Deborah & Ava Reuniting
Forum | 2 days ago

Hacks Season 3 Trailer Sees Deborah & Ava Reuniting

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker
Forum | 2 days ago

Falcon and the Winter Soldier Star Emily VanCamp to Lead Drama Series About Former Sex Worker