Mandalorian Actor Bill Burr Admits He Hasn't Finished Watching Season 1

Forum 3 years ago

Mandalorian Actor Bill Burr Admits He Hasn't Finished Watching Season 1

Mayfeld actor Bill Burr, who previously admitted he doesn't like Star Wars, confesses that he hasn't finished watching The Mandalorian season 1.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/bc86845cee38b19ea2c321328d4a888a.jpg

The Mandalorian actor Bill Burr admits he still hasn’t finished watching season 1. The break-out Disney+ hit set in the Star Wars universe has unleashed many huge surprises during its two season run, but one of the biggest may have been the casting of comedian Burr as Imperial-sharpshooter-turned-mercenary Mayfeld in the season 1 episode “The Prisoner.”

In that episode Burr’s Mayfeld and a few of his sketchy friends joined Din Djarin in a mission to infiltrate a New Republic prison ship and spring a Twi’lek being held prisoner. The mission unfortunately ended with Mando being double-crossed, but he being Mando, he quickly turned the tables on his betrayers who wound up being arrested by the New Republic. This seemed to be the last fans would ever see of Mayfeld, especially after Burr publicly stated that he was not in season 2, but in a twist the fan favorite returned for the episode “The Believer” which saw him being sprung from prison by Cara Dune to again team up with Mando for an infiltration mission, this time against an Imperial mining hub, with the ultimate intent of tracking down Moff Gideon.

Though Burr certainly won the hearts of Star Wars fans with his two memorable portrayals of the quick-witted Mayfeld, the actor has actually made it clear that he himself is not a fan of the galaxy far far away, even going on a famous anti-Star Wars rant. Appearing recently alongside Bert Kreischer on their dual podcast "The Bill Bert Podcast," Burr indeed made his Star Wars non-fandom clear by copping to the fact that even though he is in The Mandalorian, he has yet to finish watching season 1 of the show:

I haven’t really watched it. I was hoping you weren’t going to ask me that. It’s on my list of s—t to watch. I was going to try, I was going to try. I know, I’m embarrassed now. I’m going to watch it. I watched most of the first season, I just, you know, it came out during the holidays.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/213fee793241c8e3fb016fcad5be7795.jpg

Earlier in the podcast Burr actually references the “standing ovation” that the Mandalorian season 2 finale received, so it’s clear he has watched at least one episode outside of season 1. Elsewhere, Burr also talks about how The Mandalorian is made in the style of a “Spaghetti Western” and sings the praises of Jon Favreau, speaking about how Favreau is the rare case of a fan who actually has the writing and directing chops to realize his vision of the thing he loves.

As Burr has been very upfront about not being a Star Wars fan, it should surprise no one to hear that he hasn’t gotten around to viewing all of The Mandalorian. Star Wars fans will certainly forgive him for this massive oversight, as he delivered a truly memorable character in Mayfeld. As for whether Burr could return again, Mayfeld is still alive on the planet Morak after the events of “The Believer,” perhaps teaming up with the pirates he and Mando battled in the episode’s big action set piece. So there’s a chance Burr could come back and star in another episode of The Mandalorian that he never gets around to watching.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Shogun Season 2 Update Given by Showrunner
Forum | 3 hours ago

Shogun Season 2 Update Given by Showrunner

Severance Season 2 Wraps Production on Apple TV+ Series
Forum | 16 hours ago

Severance Season 2 Wraps Production on Apple TV+ Series

Wednesday Season 2 Cast Adds Thandiwe Newton to Netflix Series
Forum | 16 hours ago

Wednesday Season 2 Cast Adds Thandiwe Newton to Netflix Series