Bridgerton's Regé-Jean Page Brushes Off Next James Bond Hype

Forum 3 years ago

Bridgerton's Regé-Jean Page Brushes Off Next James Bond Hype

Mere days after self-promoting himself as a candidate for the role of James Bond, Bridgeton star Regé-Jean Page has seemingly brushed off the hype.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9f7a068f26dccd09dd0c7fc208119efe.jpg

Bridgerton star Regé-Jean Page has brushed off the current hype surrounding the push to have him appointed the next James Bond. There’s still several months to go before No Time to Die is released, after which Daniel Craig will step down as 007. This being the case, Page recently indicated that he’s interested in the James Bond role.

However, simply because Page has quickly become the latest Bond candidate for the internet to mull over doesn’t mean he’s a serious contender. The role of the British super spy is arguably one of the most coveted of all film roles, and its ability to make (and sometimes even break) a career is legendary. It literally takes years to find the perfect actor to carry on the evolving spy franchise, but this time around, many fans want to see some diversity brought to the role. Initially this meant that Idris Elba seemed like the perfect option, but after years of continued speculation over the Luther star’s prospects, other, stronger candidates have been pushed to the forefront.

With the sudden clamor to have Page take over as James Bond kicking off just days ago, it looks like he’s already having some doubts. In an interview with Netflix Queue, Page is asked what his dream role would be and the 31-year-old actor reveals it's a part that doesn't even exist yet. Read Page's full response below:

"Something I couldn’t even imagine yet because it’s so far out of my experience that I could only possibly discover it through surprise: I didn’t even know this was a thing. I had no idea that this character could exist. That’s my dream part."

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e21eccdb9ad1d4b8852ef59be9316045.jpg

Despite not directly stating that it was the Bond role he was talking about, it’s safe to say that 007 is indeed far out of the up and coming actor’s experience. Still, that didn’t stop Page from single-handedly kickstarting his own 007 campaign. The attention this has brought him has certainly made a lot of people who weren’t previously aware of Page now fully aware of him, but whether or not this newfound fame will actually result in him being awarded the role of 007 is unlikely. It’s hard to imagine Page genuinely not having any idea that such a character could exist, but then again, perhaps his Bond campaign has been more wishful thinking than anything else up to this point.

Over the years, James Bond has traditionally been played by actors who have managed to amass a certain degree of experience and recognizability. The sole exception to this caveat was George Lazenby, who took on the role without any previous experience in film or television. Lazenby abdicated the position after only one film and the franchise may have learned its lesson from that experience, making Page’s 007 potential the very remote possibility that he could define a dream role.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Reginald the Vampire Season 2 Trailer Sets Release Date for Syfy Comedy
Forum | 2 days ago

Reginald the Vampire Season 2 Trailer Sets Release Date for Syfy Comedy

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series
Forum | 2 days ago

Peacemaker Season 2: James Gunn Shares Photo as Production Begins on DCU Series

James Brown Announces 3-day Fast For Bobrisky
Forum | 2 days ago

James Brown Announces 3-day Fast For Bobrisky