Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Actress Loves Roz's Big Season 4 Reveal

Forum 3 years ago

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina Actress Loves Roz's Big Season 4 Reveal

Jaz Sinclair, who plays Roz Walker in the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, is quite fond of her character's big reveal that happened in season 4.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9d9e20b609a4b2ba7a00f23dcc209c7a.jpg

Chilling Adventures of Sabrina actress Jaz Sinclair is in awe of her character Rosalind "Roz" Walker's big reveal in the final season 4. Set in the fictional town of Greendale, Chilling Adventures of Sabrina is a dark-horror coming-of-age drama series created by Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa. The show is based on the Archie comic book series of the same name, and it primarily revolves around the titular Sabrina Spellman, portrayed by Kiernan Shipka. Despite its popularity among viewers, Sabrina was canceled in July 2020, with its final season debuting on Netflix on December 31st. Due to its cancellation, Sabrina rushed to round out the arcs of its characters in season 4. Consequently, some characters ended up having very messy endings (including Sabrina herself), while some others, like Roz, were able to evolve fully before bowing out.

When Jaz Sinclair's Roz was first introduced in Sabrina, she was a very ordinary but empowered teenager. But as the show progressed, Roz began losing her eyesight and it was revealed that it was related to something in her family history called 'The Cunning'. In the later seasons, Roz became a seer with a sixth sense that enabled her to see the future and ghosts. But her true identity wasn't revealed until season 4, episode 3, where Marie LeFleur (Skye Marshall) informs Roz that she is actually a witch. Roz's family had abstained from using the word 'witches' out of fear that they would be burned alive, hence, they adopted the term 'cunning women' instead. The revelation was indeed a very significant one for Roz's identity, and also a climactic point in the character's development throughout the show. Sinclair has since addressed the big reveal.

In an interview with Collider, Sinclair stated that she loved her character's big reveal in season 4. Since she is a huge Potterhead and a witch folklore enthusiast, playing a witch on a TV show was better than Sinclair's wildest dreams. As per Sinclair, she had joined Sabrina because the show's supernatural elements fascinated her. She had put in a lot of effort into her character on the show, so when, in the end, Roz was revealed to be a witch, Sinclair had all her fantasies fulfilled. Sinclair said:

“I celebrated. I told everybody who would listen to me about it. I was very happy and I still am very happy about it. It’s legitimately a dream come true because I’m just a huge Harry Potter fan, witch fan in general. One of the reasons why I wanted to be on this show was the witchy element of it, and we just created such a cool world. So to get to take this character that I’ve spent so much time in and to let her walk through the doors of the academy and walk into that was such a special kind of treat for me.”

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/e45e31e629bccc36eacd929785f1c168.jpg

In the interview, Sinclair also added that Roz's new identity did not impact the way the actress viewed her character. Sinclair, and even Roz herself, have always known that Roz has more potential than she manifests. But Roz has always prioritized her achievements as a student over exploring her magical abilities. Sinclair doesn't think that the revelation about Roz being a witch is all that surprising. But it makes sense that the revelation came in the end because Roz was focused on other things earlier.

“I think Roz has always known that she was more powerful than she was letting herself be. I think Roz is like, I’m gonna be the student council president and I’m gonna be a cheerleader and I’m gonna be a standup citizen more than she was like, how powerful am I? So I don’t know that she was so surprised by it. It kind of made sense.”

Despite the dizzying and disappointing ending that Chilling Adventures of Sabrina arguably had in season 4, the development and eventual conclusion of Roz's arc in the show seemed quite fulfilling. During season 3, Roz had more or less departed from the feminist icon and outspoken teenager that she originally was. She had become more focused on cheerleading and her relationship with Harvey was highlighted more than Roz's individual characterization. But Chilling Adventures of Sabrina season 4 fixed the mistakes it had made with Roz's character, allowing for her to emerge as a formidable, activistic witch at the end. There is no doubt that it were Sinclair's efforts that helped Roz become the powerful hero that she is, so she deserves to celebrate her character and all its nuances fully.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Welcome to Wrexham Season 3 Trailer Previews Sports Docuseries’ Return
Forum | 16 hours ago

Welcome to Wrexham Season 3 Trailer Previews Sports Docuseries’ Return

Fallout Season 2 Officially Confirmed for Amazon Prime Video
Forum | 16 hours ago

Fallout Season 2 Officially Confirmed for Amazon Prime Video

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off
Forum | 1 day ago

Elsbeth Season 2 Set by CBS for The Good Wife Spin-off