Barca Presidential Candidate Promises Free Tattoos, Pizzas, Neymar, Rashford

Forum 3 years ago

Barca Presidential Candidate Promises Free Tattoos, Pizzas, Neymar, Rashford

Barcelona are currently preparing for presidential elections, which will take place in January, following Josep Maria Bartomeu’s resignation back in October.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/630610dd088407be7d46bb0df129cc43.jpg

Among the most high profile candidates is 45-year-old Jordi Farre, who is running under the slogan ‘La Gran Remuntada’ (the Great Comeback) and has hit the headlines for his promises which include free pizzas and tattoos for club members, plus the return of Neymar.

It’s been a tricky year for Barcelona, who amid the off-field turmoil of a financial crisis and Lionel Messi’s transfer request, have struggled in La Liga – currently sitting fifth in the table eight points behind leaders Atletico Madrid.

Managing squad renovation in the time of the pandemic and its economic implications has been a regular talking point for would-be Barcelona presidents.

Speaking to 90min.es, Farre outlined the areas of the team he thinks need strengthening.

“I thought that Barça needed a centre back but if we look at how [Ronald] Araujo and [Oscar] Mingueza are playing, they have even displaced [Clement] Lenglet,” Farre said.

Farre then went on to list three forwards he likes and would presumably like to see targeted in addition to Neymar.

He continued:-

“Look, there is one that I’ve liked for a long time and yesterday he scored a great goal. I have not seen it but they have told me that it is spectacular that it is Raul de Tomas [of Espanyol].

“I think he is a player who has many things to succeed – he has some injury problems and that – but I also like [Erling] Haaland, Raul de Tomas, Rashford – I also like him. I think they are very interesting players.”

He added:-

“Rashford is one of the footballers I like most in the world.”

23-year-old Rashford is currently under contract until 2023 at Old Trafford, while United maintain an option to extend his deal a further year.

The England international, who was honoured with a special award at Sports Personality of the Year for his campaign against child poverty in the UK, has scored 12 times in 21 games this season so far.

Reports earlier this year claimed that Rashford actually provisionally agreed to move to Barcelona back in 2018 but ultimately backed out of the deal in order to remain at United.

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Woman Tattoos Boyfriend’s Name On Her Forehead
Forum | 6 hours ago

Woman Tattoos Boyfriend’s Name On Her Forehead

Free Fall: Zachary Levi Cast in Rock-Climbing Action Movie Directed by Death Proof Star
Forum | 2 days ago

Free Fall: Zachary Levi Cast in Rock-Climbing Action Movie Directed by Death Proof Star

EPL: Anthony Martial to leave Man Utd as free agent
Forum | 4 days ago

EPL: Anthony Martial to leave Man Utd as free agent

Marvel’s Thunderbolts Confirms Mysterious Title Change, Kevin Feige Promises More Details Coming
Forum | 6 days ago

Marvel’s Thunderbolts Confirms Mysterious Title Change, Kevin Feige Promises More Details Coming