Timo Werner Needs To Improve On His Finishing – Joe Cole

Forum 3 years ago

Timo Werner Needs To Improve On His Finishing – Joe Cole

Timo Werner “needs to brush up on his finishing”, according to Joe Cole, who thinks Frank Lampard should drop the struggling Chelsea forward.https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/c3fe51d70dd330432a8b308e7d970951.jpg

Chelsea snapped Werner up on a five-year contract in June after sealing a £47.5 million ($64m) deal with RB Leipzig, reportedly beating the likes of Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Real Madrid to his signature.

The 24-year-old established himself as one of the most prolific goalscorers in Europe at Red Bull Arena, but has not been quite as effective in the final third during his first few months at Stamford Bridge.

The Germany international has only eight goals to his name from 20 appearances in all competitions for the Blues this season, and hasn’t found the back of the net in any of his last eight outings.

Werner drew another blank as Chelsea suffered a second successive defeat at the hands of Wolves on Tuesday night, with Lampard still seemingly unsure how best to utilise his talents.

The ex-Leipzig star started the game on the right before being shifted to the left in the second half, but was ultimately unable to affect the game on either flank, and Cole thinks he is badly in need of a rest after a frustrating start to his career in west London.

“I think Werner, when he comes in off that left, he’s very, very dangerous,” the former Blues winger told Amazon Prime Video after his old club’s 2-0 loss at Molineux.

“I just think he just needs to brush up on his finishing, but he’s a young striker and he will do that. I’ve got no doubts he’ll be a top player for Chelsea but there’s options now and he [Lampard] needs to move it around.

“[Hakim] Ziyech and [Callum] Hudson-Odoi to come back in, freshen it up at some point. Take Werner out, bring him back in.

“It’s a marathon to win a title usually, and certainly this year. You’ve got to use your whole squad.

“So Werner maybe come out, bring the other lads back in.”

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
He Bled Neon: Peaky Blinders’ Joe Cole to Lead Action Thriller Movie
Forum | 2 days ago

He Bled Neon: Peaky Blinders’ Joe Cole to Lead Action Thriller Movie

G.I. Joe & Transformers Crossover Movie Confirmed by Paramount
Forum | 1 week ago

G.I. Joe & Transformers Crossover Movie Confirmed by Paramount

Electricity Tariff Hike Won’t Improve Power Supply – Primate Ayodele Slams Nigerian Govt
Forum | 1 week ago

Electricity Tariff Hike Won’t Improve Power Supply – Primate Ayodele Slams Nigerian Govt

EPL: Ex-Chelsea player, Joe Cole makes top-four prediction
Forum | 2 weeks ago

EPL: Ex-Chelsea player, Joe Cole makes top-four prediction