Olumide Oworu is a popular Nigerian actor, model and rapper.
He was born on December 11, 1994 in Lagos. Olumide is from Ogun State in south western Nigeria.
Olumide had his secondary education at the famous King’s College, Lagos and the University of Lagos.
He also went to Babcock University in Ogun state to a degree in Mass Communication.
His Acting Career
Olumide began his acting career at early age of six with the television series “Everyday People”. He is also known for his role as ‘Tari’ in the Africa Magic Series ‘The Johnsons’.
He has since starred in several movies and television series, some of which include:
• The Patriot
• The Men In Her Life
• Stolen Waters
• New Son
• Everyday people
• A Soldier’s Story
• 8 Bars and a clef
• The Johnson’s
• Staying strong
Olumide is creative and exceptionally talented Nollywood actor, known for interpreting movies roles brilliantly. He accepts any character assigned him liberally and his style of acting gives it real life situation. Numerous of his fans like watching his movies.
Olumide portrayed the character of ‘Weki’ in Mtv Base’s Shuga series, seasons 3 and 4.
Awards and Nominations
He is also a model and renowned television presenter with several prestigious awards to his credit. Some and most recent of these awards are:
• Mr. Popularity prize in the Model of Africa 2012 contest.
• The Nollywood Revelation of the Year Award at the Scream Awards.
• The Most Promising Youth Actor Award at Ping Awards 2014.
• Most Promising actor in the 2015 edition of Best of Nollywood Awards
• Best Supporting actor for his role in the Soldier’s Story in the 2016 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards.
• Revelation of the year Awards at the City People Entertainment Awards.
His Net Worth
Olumide Oworu is one of the regular faces in Nollywood, rated one of the richest and most influential with a net worth of about $200,000 dollars.