ALBUM REVIEW: DJ Spinall - "Grace"

Forum 3 years ago

ALBUM REVIEW: DJ Spinall - "Grace"

Talented Nigerian disc jockey and music producer, DJ Spinall comes through with a solid body of work tagged “Grace”.

Sodamola Oluseye Desmond widely known as DJ Spinall has no gathered five body of work in his discography with “Grace”. The album follows his previously released projects; My Story (2015), Ten (2016), Dreams (2017), and Iyanu (2018).

The fifteen tracks body of work features talented singers like Tobi AdeyCrayon, R2Bees, Fireboy DML, Dice Ailes, Tiwa Savage, Wurld, Wizkid, Bella Shmurda, Minz, Ycee, Oxlade, Niniola, Kranium, Omah Lay, BOJ, Reminisce, BenjiFlow, King Promise, and Shaybo.

The fifteen tracks body of work which started with twenty-four seconds of the spoken word is a musical basket filled with amazing tunes. DJ Spinall employed his friends in "Grace" to celebrate his success, favours, and God's grace upon his life and career. The album is an exploratory package that uncovers DJ Spinall's growth as a musical artist and a music producer. It attempts to encapsulate his broad talent with native sounds and distinctive melodies.

https://i0.wp.com/storage.waploaded.com/images/9fd09bcba0b8668d793f065728f7dd3e.png

• "Words of Grace" by Tobi Grey is a spoken word that perfectly served as the album intro.

• Mavin records new kid, Crayon joins DJ Spinall in "Tatashe". The dancehall tune was produced by Ozedikus and Babyfresh.

• The third track is a single released days before the album premier. "Sere" produced by Kel P is an irregular tune. The instrumentation and delivery by Fireboy DML is nothing but a masterclass.

• Finally, DJ Spinall teams up with Ghanaian music duo, R2Bees in a mid-tempo afrobeat tune with a resounding chord tagged "Dollar".

• Dice Ailes comes through with calm and sexy vocals to feast on DJ Spinall's "Pressure".

• Starboy Entertainment boss, Wizkid and his colleague, Tiwa Savage had earlier teamed up with DJ Spinall in "Dis Love" months before the Grace album was served.

• 2020 visionary, Bella Shmurda joins DJ Spinall and Minz in this potential afro-house hit track titled "Energy".

• "Jabole" by DJ Spinall performed by Ycee and Oxlade is a groovy melodic funky tune with an EDM element.

• "Everytime" by DJ Spinall and Kranium released earlier this year finally makes it to DJ Spinall's fifth studio album.

• This was a weird combination I thought when I saw Niniola paired with Wurld in "Pure Water". The duo even when they majored in different musical genres, was able to find a neutral ground to build this collaboration.

• 2020 Audiomack UpNext, Omah Lay teamed up with DJ Spinall in "Tonight", a melodic joint released months ago.

• Another Ghanaian vibe is on Grace the album by DJ Spinall and was performed by King Promise. Aside from King Promise's alluring vocals, "Confam" had unfamiliar drums.

• BOJ and Shaybo render a classic performance on this hip-pop flavoured afrobeat tune tagged "Money".

• Reminisce on a dancehall jam might not be what we expected on this album but that's what we were served in "EDI". Though Reminisce tried to do his magic, his best wasn't enough in my judgment.

• In the remix of "Everytime" formally performed by Kranium, DJ Spinall employs BenjiFlow to add his spiritual melodies to the remix.

RATING

Lyrics - 3/5

Production - 3/5

Performance - 3/5

AVERAGE Rating - 3/5

BUY >> DJ Spinall - "Grace" Album on iTunes

DOWNLOAD >> DJ Spinall - "Grace"Album

What's your rating?
{{ratingsCount}} Votes

Related Forums
Oh What Fun Cast Adds Chloë Grace Moretz & Dominic Sessa
Forum | 2 weeks ago

Oh What Fun Cast Adds Chloë Grace Moretz & Dominic Sessa

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla
Forum | 4 weeks ago

How I Delayed My Debut Album Because of Tems – Tyla

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial
Forum | 1 month ago

Abuja Pastor Wielding AK-47 Inside Church Seeks Judicial Review Of His Trial

I Hope The Women Supporting Her Extend Same Grace When A Single Mom Becomes The Choice Of Affection Of Their Sons - BBNaija
Forum | 1 month ago

I Hope The Women Supporting Her Extend Same Grace When A Single Mom Becomes The Choice Of Affection Of Their Sons - BBNaija's Venita Reacts To Queen's Marriage